1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Problem PSU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by decebal_12000, 1 Sep 2009.

1. decebal_12000

decebal_12000 Minimodder

Hi. Last night I shut down my computer, everything worked fine but when I tried tonight to open it everything were silent. I checked the power cord if has any voltage and everything is fine but still my motherboard doesn`t get any voltage. I checked as well the pins with a digital voltmeter but I did not have any luck. My last try I took it of and i connected to my other PC and it didn`t power up at all.

How can I be certain my PSU is faulty and not something else? I want to save the PSU or whatever is broken and do not spend money, if is possible.

Thank you.:waah:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Simple, try the PSU on a different computer.
    If the PSU fails to work, then see if it's under warranty. If you have a high-end PSU, they usually have a 5 year warranty. If you are under warranty, simply call them and ask to RMA it (return to get it replaced/fixed (usually they replace it as it's all on 1 board, even thus they might say repair on you over the phone).

3. decebal_12000

decebal_12000 Minimodder

I tried and failed to start. So is for sure gone. the warranty I do not know about it because I bought from Ebay and I couldn`t find any of the date recorded about my PSU. Jeantech doesn`t have any link where you can register your product.

4. GoodBytes

Jeantech? Well that is your problem.
    Shame that you have a quality computer and then destroy every component with a poor quality PSU, most probably providing unclean current which damage your components.

The PSU is a critical component in the computer, like the motherboard, to operate the system properly, all by maximizing system stability.

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Yet another victim of cheap PSUs.

6. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Is Jeantech that bad? They seem pretty pricey - I've looked at a few on e-bay but it was the price rather than the reputation that put me off.

7. GoodBytes

I can't comment on every brand in the world, nor be in a position of representing our community. In general, I go with reputation, warranty and quality and performance of the product. I say I, because I am no moderator or admin of this forum, therefor can't represent anyone other then myself.

Jeantech, has, based on our knowledge, not known, therefor we consider it as if it has no reputation. But, it would be unfair for us to do this, as it would only promote large companies, and not emerging ones. So we look at reviews from trusted news sources, and the website.
    So far I, and I am sure most people here, never encountered this name, meaning it could have not appeared on a source that we see as trusted. But still, it could be unfair. So we look at the product warranty. Sadly, after browsing the company website, I failed to read any warranty information, nor forum, not even technical support section, other than "contact us". This is a very bad sign. This means that the company takes no pride in their product, can't test tthe lifespan of their product (they are ways to this), which usually translate bad quality.

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Ditto. This is the first time i hear of Jeantech and what i hear is it died. Plus i can't see any info on warranty on their site either.