1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: 4MM0-83457(AMMO BEAST) *¡*TONS OF PICS*!* 2-28-05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBurritoMan, 16 Jul 2004.

1. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

from what i have heard the other guys say they are called canon/ITT round connectors and they are quite expensive. as for any other specs or prices...sorry i got them free :D

2. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

This project is looking really amazing! I would've said that earlier but hotmail's been filtering all the post notifications for this project into my junk mail box... :duh:

3. MrBurritoMan

it was doing that to me too and i was like WTF? then i found them so i am hwppy now. for a while i though that no one wanted to post on my thread :waah: but thats obviously false :D

4. MrBurritoMan

Update 8-6-04

okay people after four all nighters (one of which ran for about 70hrs), 3lbs of M'Ms (peanuts of course) ~30 sodas, and a three weeks of near constant work. THE ELECTRONICS ARE FINALLY FINISHED!! i am so relieved to have that out of the way.

i figured out the meters and installed the circuitry for them today.
    here is the shunt that allows this voltmeter to display the amps used by the fan.
    [​IMG]

and here are all of them installed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and here are the meters showing the amperage being used by the fans. note that the numbers on the meters mean nothing. when the needle goes to the right then that means that there a connection problem to the fan mening that the fan is unplugged. when the needle goes to the right then that means that there is an obstruction in the fan slowing it down or stopping it. i wanted a mardware method to monitor the fans as i am too poor to afford a cool VFD :D
    [​IMG]

in addition the security circuit works flawlessly. the only thing that i am waiting on is the CDRW/DVDROM drive...i am using a normal desktop version for installing stuff. i plan in installing more lighting inside so things will look better from the front. however things are pretty good as they are.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (notice those short NW cables were put to use connecting my ammo lan to the switch within it)

here are some pics of the destruction to my room for the making of this mod. one hald of my bed is ground zero for the making and testing of this mod as my desk is already filled with crap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MrBurritoMan

Its Aliveeeee!!

oki dokie here are the pics that many people, including me, have been waiting for. THE FINISHED CASE!!!! Of course there are still lots of aesthetic things that need to be done like painting the connectors and keyboard etc.... stuff like that. Anyhow here is the PC in its new home running great!!

I am still missing a slot loading dvdrom/cdrw but that is easily missed behind the slit in the front panel :D

Here is the case front with out flash
    [​IMG]
    An unexpected result was the blue light on the video card heat sink that just bleeds through that crack. It completes the mysterious military project theme! :D

With flash
    [​IMG]

And here is the monitor all folded up. (NOTE: the antennas can't stay attached because of space limitations. :thumb:)
    [​IMG]

things i plan on doing some time in the near future:
    -Paint the connectors and such to match the theme (either army green or black)
    -make feet for this thing so it isn't so tipsy.
    -RECEIVE A NEW DVDROM/CDRW!!

6. berond

berond What's a Dremel?

Impressive looks real good! i have been thinking about a silver soutcase a couple of times but it never happend...

7. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :eeek: Really nice job. I always liked these ammo cases, and I really like the fact you have a fold away lcd. :thumb: :clap:

8. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Maybe I am over reacting but....

THAT IS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.

really that is soooo frikin' cool. I am in love with the built in LCD, nice touch with the desktop by the way. All in one cases just rock. That thing gives me a modding itch so bad. To bad I am broke :grr: .

Anyway Great job on an excellent mod, and clean your room! :D

9. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

hey dude im glad you got all up on that modding genius of yours ;)

now get on finishing it!

10. MrBurritoMan

i took the ammo lan PC to work with me to show them what i have been working on. and there were really no complaints whatsoever. i have a co-worker who is south african and was in the army fighting many of the wars in the 60s. i asked him if he had any experiance with 20mm ammo and he said that he has used it. so i show him my PC and his jaw dropped. he thought that was the most intresting thing he has ever seen. i wanted find out wnat a service men would think of this and i am happy that they like it and don't hate it for some reason or another.

Next Stop: Army Recrutment Center :D

[EDIT]oh and i cleaned my room :rolleyes: [/EDIT]

11. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

As a former military man myself (USAR). Salute to you, great job. :rock:

The hideaway lcd is very cool! Also, I have a green case just like yours, (the one with the Y sticker) though its green nomore. It'll be the frist log that I post here when I get around to it.

I noticed the rust on the fan grills, we like rust, rusty pc's good! :D

Last edited: 7 Aug 2004
  12. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

Stunning effort! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you mind if I rip off your design? (full credit given of course)

It will fit wonderfully with the theme of our LANs.

13. PirateTheMeep

PirateTheMeep What's a Dremel?

This mod is simply amazing. It made me crave modding (I was going to build the same type of thing but then I decided make it semi-original and build it in a paintball case but that changed). AAWWEESSOOMMEE :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock: :rock:

14. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Looks nice... still looking for a link for the connectors... :D

15. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

my58vw, i believe he pirated those connectors off a really really old computer. im not entirely sure he knows what theyre called. bt i think theyre similar to the ones used in microphones and amps

16. MrBurritoMan

actually it wasn't a old computer it was a "stepper" or a machine used for making integrated circuits. they are made by a company called ITT and the things themselves are called ITT round connectors. again that is all i could find on the internet. these things are not really that high in demand so good luck finding them.

rip it off? meaning build another one? that would be intresting to see what you do differently. sure as long as you don't call it your own. then i would hunt you down. :thumb:

17. kitt

kitt Michael Knight

Nice....

Just wanted to say.....

Looks f***ing Brilliant! Gotta say ive seen a few people attempt ammo can pc's and seen most turn out well poor. But from what ive seen of urs it looks wicked.

Just thought id say well done on a great looking project.

kitt

18. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

The PC looks great.

The folding LCD is by far my favorite part.
    Great job.

19. MrBurritoMan

hey thanks you guys for all the wonderful comments.

however i cannot work on the ammo lan pc for a little while. i have finals this week and i have to pack up my life and move. in addition my family wants to take a two week vacation right after that for a family reunion out of state. so i will be working on this in a couple of weeks. :sigh: STUPID FINALS...anyway i guess it is good to spend some time with your family as i haven't seen them in four months. until then MOD ON!! :rock:

20. godspeed

godspeed Banned

goodluck on the vacation i wish i could go to south padre