1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Anemone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by mashie, 13 Jul 2002.

1. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

That is awesome! :eeek: :D

How long did it take from beginning to end?

2. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Ah nice, I woke up to seeing that thing. Very nice, how about the cooling in it? Surly its going to get hot? How hot does it get?

I would love to have it, seriously how much?

3. mashie

mashie The one and only

Started in February, finished in July.

4. mashie

mashie The one and only

The cooling is enough, the PSU and HSF are the only fans inside.

Regarding the price, if you are serious about buying it please consider that only the material cost is aproximately £900, then you can add over 200 hours of work...
    If you think you can afford it, please send me a mail at johan@grundstrom.com.

5. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Ok fair play, didn't relise that the materials cost £900. If it was cheaper maybe. It is sweet though, maybe you should keep it just to annoy us at the amount of money you must have to be able to have that thing.

6. Qbank

Qbank What's a Dremel?

how much is it in Euro € :lol:

7. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................wow.
    When i saw macroblack i was impressed it was the best mod i have seen, but after seeing Anemone i am now having trouble deciding which is the better mod.
    :cries: :grr: :eyebrow:
    All i can say is well done.

Andy

8. mashie

mashie The one and only

Yeah, the material cost would be the cheap part anyway in case I would decide to part from it. I have absolutely no need to sell it so that is why I won't give it away for free :D

Qbank, it is about 1400 euro btw.

Andy Mc, thanks, I hope I don't keep you sleepless now ;)

9. flibble666

flibble666 sorry i am dyslexic

classic case mod very nice need i say more

10. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Some nice ideas there, the cast led block's got me thinking... :idea:

11. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

Define the right price? I really just want the funky light thing on the front.... I have a great place to put one of those... but none of the time nor patience to make one

12. mashie

mashie The one and only

Use the email posted earlier, as I said I have no NEED to sell it, just that I'am prepared to do it for the right price ,make an offer and I will tell you if you were close...

The cheapest way for you is to find one or two Velleman K4300 kits in stock somewhere and let someone solder it for you.

13. linear

linear Minimodder

mashie, that's really some brilliant work. The casting idea alone is fantastic. Anyone who says there's no original ideas left in case modding could learn a great deal from this project.

Moving the serial port on the mobo is a mod that took some serious balls, bro.

The spectrum analyzers, the casting, the mobo mod, the LCD backlight mod, the bakelite case, this project is groundbreaking in so damn many ways I'm sure I'm even forgetting a few.

Good luck at CPL with it, I think you have a serious shot at the prize money with this one. :dude: :dude: :dude:

Anyone thinking about making you an offer needs to respect that there's not just material and labor costs, but they would be bidding on a milestone in the modding community.

14. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

WOW

WOW

thats 1 Sweeeeet thing you got there !!!

I just love it !! , TOTALLY love it

well ... to be honest
    I think the big round cd-like circle on the left side is kinda ugly .... but thats personal for you
    if it was me who had the skills/money/energy/stuff I wouldnt have put that on .. but it isnt my ......

but other than that .. YOU RULE !!!! this is like the biggest , most difficult, best , nice's , most interesting, Coolest MOD i have EVER seen , or even dreamt off !!!

thats gonna be one sweet mp3/DivX/DVD playah !

15. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

one more thing

I would really like to make a offer , (a pretty good one) , for that thing...

just a couple a things why I cant

* U need to do someting like that yourself ... else its just not exeptable

* I wouldnt want you to sell it anyway ... If i would put myself in your position , all that hard work , blood and sweat ... I wouldnt wanna sell it , but I would if the price was right , but I would regret it later on .. when its too late ....

* I dont have the cash ( this is probebly the best reason ... )

16. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Mashie - that is one of the most inspired bit's of kit I've seen. It looks the biz.

has it fooled your Granny yet?:D

How's the heat inside it? Looks pretty cramped, and there dosent seem to be a lot of ventilation...

Have you considered a fan in the side where the large brass disk is? You could make it into a brass grill, and suck cold air in.

Just a thought.

Again, nice job

17. mashie

mashie The one and only

Thanks,

No problem with heat, the c800 runs quite cool. There is no available space since the PSU is right behind the disk, and no, I can't cut a hole in the PSU on that side... ;)

18. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but you've done some great work ther! :D
    Seriously, good job, keep up the good work! (but leave some groundbreaking ideas for us too! :p)

And is it for sale? what about adding a speaker? (KIDDING, I have read the posts! hehe)

19. dogbait

dogbait What's a Dremel?

that is a fantastic project, beautifully though out, simply fantastic. *gushing*

Has to be one of the most original cases I have seen :lol:

20. mashie

mashie The one and only

Tags: Add Tags