1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

My H20 loop will have two water temp probes (one in-line and the other in the reservoir) as well as a water flow meter all of which will not work with MO displays. Matrix Orbital displays only work with "dallas one-wire" probes. The Aqua-Computer or the Innovatek displays both work with my temp probes and flow meter...
    The probes are the "two wire" type. This is a picture of the temp probe that goes in the reservoir..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  2. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Oh okay I understand. Something I have to keep in mind when setting up my WC setup. :)

3. modsquad

Chrome and Red Acrylic

I had less time than I anticipated, but I did cut the 10.5" round RED acrylic window that will cover the laser etched one. It still needs to be drilled and the laser etched window threaded to accept the stainless mounting bolts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also ran across these at the auto parts store.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are sparkplug wire separators (chrome). I am not sure if will use them but they where not expensive $30US and look promising. I think they may work for h20 tubing routing or with the wiring harness. Or perhaps I could mod one and turn it into the VideoCard support bracket I want. Will see. Speaking of VideoCards, I purchased a EVGA Geforce 6800 Ultra yesterday. As I said a few posts ago the Geforce 6800 ultra's seem a little hard to get at this point in time. I had originaly planned on purchasing the BFG, but could not get one. The only real difference is BFG overclocks (and warranties) there cards. Both use the Nvidia reference card layout which my Innovatek h20 block needs.

[​IMG]

I am also going to polish the brushed aluminium on the Innovatek block to get that "chrome" look.
    I have to work two more days before vacation, I should get a good amount of work done then......

4. Fahrenheit 541

Fahrenheit 541 What's a Dremel?

Great work on the window!! looking forward to the final outcome. :clap:

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I used hose seperators made by Billet Specialties (as I have larger ID tubing). Great stuff. Also made my own GPU card support bracket. I'm interested to see what yours will look like! :dremel:

6. coorz

coorz Miffed

7. modsquad

Thanks for the link Nexxo.. I have no idea what my GPU support bracket will look like.....that's what makes this stuff fun.........The bracket you made from aluminum looks great....you set my mind in motion for my own support bracket..
    PS::::: what did you use to polish your panaflo fan?????????
    By hand or Dremmel?????

Last edited: 15 Oct 2004
  8. modsquad

Coorz, how goes things!!!! I have not heard from you in a long time...
    I will check your link.. Thanks. Good to know you are still out-and-about....

Last edited: 15 Oct 2004
  9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

By hand, sandpaper 400, 800, 1200, to 1500 grit, and then by dremel with felt polishing head and stainless steel polish. If you have a bench polishing wheel, you can achieve better results. Look at MNPC Tech's website to see how that is done (one of their projects, some red case, incorporates an alu panaflo).

10. modsquad

Thanks Nexxo. That link is just what I need.

11. Dezjay

Dezjay What's a Dremel?

Nice gpu block i'm going to use one for my 6800 GT when i finally recieve one.. eta is now unknown

12. modsquad

http://www.highspeedpc.com/ should have the Innovatek GPU Blocks in stock next week..
    I got my Aqua-Computer Full Metal Jacket back from the chrome plating shop yesterday. They did a GREAT job, but no time to take and upload pictures until tomorrow...

13. modsquad

Chrome Plated FMJ

As I said a few posts ago, the chrome plating shop finished with my Aqua-Computer Full Metal Jacket. They did a get job, I could not ask for more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I rethreaded the base plate to accept 6-32 bolts (stainless hexhead) instead of the self-tapping sheet metal screws supplied by Aqua-Computer.

[​IMG]

I also painted the inlet/outlet area's of my Eheim pump satin black (paint still wet). I did have the carbon fiber stuff on the pump, but black and chrome go very well together.

[​IMG]
    And the last few pictures..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Oo_Scotty_oO

Oo_Scotty_oO What's a Dremel?

I've just been reading through this thread & Ive gotta say it looks stunning :) , cant wait to see the final results , Great work mate :thumb:

15. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

wow, they did a great job on this cover :thumb:

16. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

very nice :thumb:

where did you get the 'diamond-plate' stuff??? Ive looked EVERYWHERE but cant find any!! :confused:

17. adio

adio What's a Dremel?

that looks awesome! you got it back so fast! I got something chrome plated before and it was just a couple little pieces and it cost $100 and took 4 weeks, i need to get a faster place.

18. modsquad

I ordered from these guy's
    http://www.metalsdepot.com/index.phtml
    I am not sure if they ship overseas, you would need to email them.

19. modsquad

I had two Aqua-Computer Full Metal Jackets chromed, the 1046 (this one) and the larger 1048 (for an upcoming project...project log soon). It's was $140US. Not cheap (infact more than the price of the two FMJ's). But worth every penny in my book. It is a local shop, no website. They do a lot of motorcycle parts. There are different grades of chrome. It is like a car's paint job, the preparation before the chrome plating is what makes the difference.

20. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Do Aqua-computer do a FMJ for the Eheim 1250 pump? I'd really like 1 for my planned setup but am having big trouble finding them :waah: