1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "Building Better Worlds" by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 2 Feb 2008.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've sent a PM to Brett recommending this.

2. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

Wow SICK SICK spray job you have done, Facking insane. Great job on the perspex work aswell.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Great attention to detail. As for your photography...I don't know if it was the color scheme, the camera angles, or both, but I was singing "bunna bunna bunna bunna BAT MAAAAAAAN!" as I viewed them.
    This project has answered a lot of questions I had about laser cutting too.

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Thanks, man! Very kind of you to say. I tried to make the button-head screws a part of the design, but also be forgotten simultaneously. I guess it paid off, lol. I appreciate the kind words.

Hey, Bod! Thank you very kindly for the awesome words. I appreciate you checkin' in and hope you enjoy reading through the log if you get a chance. I'd actually prefer you to get the Battlestar Galactica mod done first though! :naughty:

Thanks, man! I didn't take a pic of the hardware? Huh. I'll rectify that soon. Thanks for the heads-up!

Thank you very much, 500! Hahaha, more like people in need of candy cases, lol. There's a reason this case is referred to as the "M&M's case". :hehe:

Thanks, bro!

Man, Wiz. You always have something kind to say. I appreciate you always checkin' in on my logs. It's cool to have someone paying attention and give support and criticism just the same. Thank you very much, man! As for getting me out of my shell, it was needed. I always say that I was a modding hermit. It feels better getting things into the open now though. Warts n' all! :)

Hahahaha, just popped in my head one day. I always wanted to tackle a WY casemod theme, and just figured I'd go for something odd instead of what people would expect. Being a huge HUGE ALIEN(S) fan, I wanted to do this. And this won't be the last ALIEN(S) themed mod either. Trust me. There's a reason I even have an ALIEN tattoo.

Thanks man! I tried to make something different.

Wow, Mankz. That's very kind of you for saying that! I certainly wouldn't expect something like that considering the plethora of quality casemods on these boards alone, but I appreciate the gesture regardless.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the old Praetorians myself and I wanted to do something with the old girl. She needed some attention after sitting around collecting dust and scratches from occasionally being bumped into, so I gave her some. ;) 120mm fans? Bah! She doesn't need that! :hehe: Believe me, I know what you mean about the colors. I just wanted to do something I normally wouldn't do just to do it. To expand my tastes, I suppose. Or even my "color palette". :lol: Just wanted to do something different.

Thanks, bro!

Thanks, man! I really appreciate the kind words!

I appreciate that, man! And I appreciate you sticking around through to the finish!

Geez, Mankz! :hehe: I appreciate the gesture! Brett's probably going to be like, "Augh...not that case again!" :lol:

Thanks, bro! Glad you like how she turned out!

Thanks once again Cheaps. I truly appreciate the kind words and I appreciate you posting in my logs. It's cool having such a diverse collection of modding friends around the world. :hehe:, Batman! It's funny; it didn't occur to me that I did that until you said this, lol. Do you think she turned out looking like the Japanese garbage-truck you pictured? :hehe:

Again, thank you all for the words of kindness and/or criticism. I'm glad this was a part of Bit-Tech's long history of kick-ass mods. :thumb:

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Really came out well E.E.L :rock: As quite a few have mentioned, it takes real skill to make these colors work together so well. Skill you got in buckets. Thanks for the Log ! :clap:
    John

6. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

7. E.E.L. Ambiense

:hehe: Thanks, Bill! I'm quite honored to be a part of the Blog again. Man, you must be scraping the bottom of the barrel for stuff for the Blog to choose that eyesore! :hehe:

8. CobraMods

CobraMods Gettin there slowly

Congrats on the Completion E.E.L. top notch work throughout :thumb:

9. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Grreat Colour scheme, great skills grerat E.L.L :). Tahts's good that there has left ONLY CMC Field Server and Lumière Noire :) Congrats! I hope you will finaly get MOTM first place! i will keep my fingers crossed!

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Oct. 5th Mini-Update!

The fires of resurrection burn....

And so I've begun to update the hardware on "BBW". I had always planned on adding a couple of newer GPUs and wanted some with black PCBs. And I got them. A couple of XFX XXX Alpha Dog OCed 9600GTs. I'm also switching out the PSU for something, well...better. Read on...

First off, the Corsair 620HX is a wonderful PSU. But it doesn't really fit "BBW"'s ugly-ass color-scheme, does it? No it doesn't. Not yet, anyways. ;) I'm going to re-sleeve the PSU as well as switch out the fan for something of the green persuasion.

Taking the cover off the beast. Don't worry; warranties are for pansies! :hehe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, let's take off those black connectors, shall we?

[​IMG]

And the backside of the ATX connector too...

[​IMG]

Not much of in-progress pics of it. I tend to drop into a trance sometimes, and forget to snap pics. Besides, I must concentrate. It would suck to put the pins back in the wrong slots. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And let's test her to make sure she won't blow up, yes?

[​IMG]

Ah, perfectly fine. That's an AC Ryan UV fan running in there. It was the closest in specs to the stock ADDA fan that was in the PSU, so I figured it'd be fine.

Alright, that's all I have for now. I promise to have some juicier stuff next time!

-------------
    Until the next update, I got nuthin'. :thumb:

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm slightly amazed you left the cover black.

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

:lol: Yeah, I know. I'm cutting out some vinyl stickers for it though.

13. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

May only be a fan swap but oddly i like it

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

Fan swap, sleeving, and connector changeout. :thumb:

15. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Awesome E.E.L,love it :clap:

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

Oct. 10th Update!

Alrighty, update time. Sorta. I had been assembling things on and off over the past few days and weeks, actually. I'll get right to it.

I had originally planned to switch to a set of newer black-PCBed vid cards, and I finally got them. A couple of XFX XXX Alpha Dog OCed 9600GTs. But-- the stock coolers on them were a joke to say the least. Too much noise! So I decided I was going to switch them out. I acquired a couple of Zalman VF-900s for these cards, because the mount-points on the G94 is the same as the G92. But-- these coolers stock have some thumbnuts that go on the back side of the card. This wasn't going to work for me because I wanted to add my stealth plates to the cards, like I always do. So I decided I'd just carefully thread a couple of M2 nuts onto the posts directly on the back side, which should give enough clearance for the plates. It did. ;) I needed to make new plates for these cards, because the PCB is completely different, and I wasn't entirely happy with the originals' cuts. I re-did the lettering a bit and re-cut them. I also re-did the audio card's plate too. These all came out grand.

Unfortunately, I did not have my camera during a lot of this. I didn't have my car either, but I've said enough on that too. lol.

First off, the PSU. I wanted to make a stencil for the side of it. I did. It looks great! Check it out. Tongue planted firmly in cheek still. ;)

[​IMG]

And mounted in the chassis....

[​IMG]

Also, the SLi bridge needed work too. Unfortunately, I ran out of yellow vinyl. lol. So I just made it in single color. I may go back and re-do it later, but who knows.

[​IMG]

I also have been meaning to add a wireless card to the case too. I finally got around to it. It's an older Hawking card, but seems to work fine.

[​IMG]

It needs the green touch though.

[​IMG]

Ah, that's more like it! :lol:

Now, the original build had a back rocker switch on one of the PCI slot covers to control the CCFL. I wanted to change that. So I came up with something.

The front ports I rarely use. So I decided to ditch them in favor of a stealthed rocker switch.

[​IMG]

After 2 mins of quick dremel work and some needle-file cleanup, here we go!

[​IMG]

And remounted in the chassis.

[​IMG]

Perfectly fine for what I need, plus it cleans up the rat's nest of wires from that front port unit.

Like I said earlier, I didn't have my camera on me. :( I apologize. But I do have some assembled pics. I'm almost done too. I'm finishing up on mounting the side panel's fan (finally), which was the real reason I wanted low-pro coolers on the video cards, and then I can close her up. I have some additional wire-management to take care of as well.

SLi has been enabled and tested to be working great. I almost got sucked back into Mass Effect too, when I was testing the cards. :D They seem to run around 38-degrees or so idle, and in the low 50's under load. I'm happy. And they're a bit quieter than before, that's for sure.

I also had to re-sleeve and rebuild the PCI-E cables to use on the cards. I also re-molexed and sleeved a 2-unit sata cable with UV green connectors and sleeving for the HDDs. And I added my other Raptor 74gb drive to the current one in the case. I used to run a RAID array off these on this very board, but those days are over. I don't need it. I just need a clean setup with minimal hassle for toting around. And I have it finally. Almost, lol.

Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure at it's current state.

[​IMG]

Lights out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------
    Until the next update, I got nuthin'. :thumb:

17. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

It keeps looking better in better!
    Also, you has a face [​IMG]

18. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I love the colours, it's so vibrant and full of life. Absolutely love it! (Maybe because it reflects my personality when im in a good mood) :p

19. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I can't even believe I'm liking this, but I am :hehe:

20. Nolimited

Nolimited What's a Dremel?

great details like every time i subscribe man :thumb:

Tags: