1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: Chemical Overdose 17-08: In stores now ;)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by _ferry_, 6 May 2004.

1. WeldZilla

WeldZilla What's a Dremel?

too much!!

I really like your whole concept!! This is some good imagination at work here!!! I see I am not the only welder turned modder out here. I have found my home here at bit-tech. a place where people don't talk about and only dream about modding. Here it is actually done!!!! again great work!!

WeldZilla

2. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

tnks all for the replys, i've yust started with gluing the reservoir. Well, i bought the 50mm plexiglass pipe, and cut a small piece off, just to try gluing.
    Glad i used ab example, because the aceton is dripping a bit, and there came some cracks around the hole, because there is some force, and when the aceton is added, it starts cracking/breaking.
    But it works, there is already a small hole into my keyboard, because i spilled some on it :duh: . So keep your hardware and stuff away from aceton :p

3. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

Kerel het ziet er geweldig uit, ga je nog naar campzone, zoja kom even langs op de casemod stand. :) ow ja verzonken is "countersunk" ;)

4. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Tnks, evenals als jouw cube :)
    Dat ligt wel in de planning ja, al moet ik nog ff kijken of me pa me wil brengen :p Al 2 jaar dat ik er wel naar toe zou willen, dan moet ik maar eens gaan ook :D

I've some pictures while experimenting with aceton and plexi:

I drilled an hole in the plexi pipe, and pushed the smaler pipe (a CCFL case) into it. But that didn't work well, because it starts breaking around the hole. But it's just an experiment. Also mentioned that i need to add more plexi into the aceton before gluing with it, to make cleaner edges.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Be aware of aceton and your keyboard, they aren't friends :dremel:

[​IMG]
    The result. not very beatifull, i'm glad it's only a test. But its realy strong, i can easy make some force to it without breaking it, it's just as strong as plexi himself. So i'm not scared to use it as an water reservoir.

5. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

Small tip, when u drill the hole for the plexi pipe, use LOTS of water mixed with detergent (afwasmiddel), cuz when u don’t, the plexi will heat up and when u add some acetone or chloroform it will give you loads of tiny cracks, and if the tube doesn’t fit or fits really tight also don’t add acetone, first sand it down with some wet sanding paper grit 600, if its in their to tight it will also crackup a bit, from my experience :)

btw add mij ff op msn pielage@post.com k heb nog wel wat tips :)

6. ZeroX

ZeroX What's a Dremel?

most have missed this mod!!

looks great :clap: :dremel:
    *subscribed*

7. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

You can glue plexiglas with acryfix from roehm, but don't ask me wehre you can geht it in holland :duh:

8. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

I have to add my own WOW and SWEET with a touch HOLY SH*T to this project. Very creative and inspiring work. I love your work area, clean it and it won't be a modders heaven...lol

Great work!

DDK

9. Stigma

Stigma Banned

How did u bang out the sidepanel?

[​IMG]

How did you "bang" out the side panel like this?

I'm wondering, since I'm planning to do the same thing my self.

And what UV paint did you use? (brand/label, where to buy it)

10. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

I've cutted out the window with the rotating disk. Not by making straight lines, but shorter lines witch moving a bit from left to right. while cutting yust add about 50% creativity and 50% rotating disk skills, and that should do the trick :hehe: It doesn't realy mather how you cut it, because after cutting you should fold the metal and remove sharp edges by sanding it down at the sides.
    The paint i used came from motip. If you want a real bright yellow layer of paint you should firt add a white primer before using this paint, because it doesn't cover the underlaying color. But for the chemical effect it's not needed, because it keeps it look like a fluid. I'm not 100% shure, because there wern't pics at the motip site, but Color-spra Neon Zitr.gelb 200 Art. nr. : 684173 EAN : 4048500684173 should be the color.

11. ynema

ynema What's a Dremel?

Nice case I really like the Chemical canister leg/feet keep up the good work. :dremel:

12. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update

Finished the reservoir :D
    gluing went well, sandblasting too. :rock:
    [​IMG]
    Just before gluing the second tube into his hole.

[​IMG]
    mounted inty the system, to check out if it fits. pffew, it does :D

[​IMG]
    On this way i will cover the UV CCFL, so you won't look straight into the UV light. But the water will lights up a lot.

[​IMG]
    No, i'm not gonna shoot you. Only blast you away :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've been cutting about a damn hour on those small letters ive printed out, front verdana, size 36.

[​IMG]
    After sandblasting :dremel: the result is worth it, but kind a hard too see on the pic. I will try to get some better pics by normal daylight.

13. r3men4nt

r3men4nt What's a Dremel?

Sweet I'm glad to see you went ahead with my idea. One suggestion a good picture taht would let us see the sandblasting would be to fill the res with wc fluid and light uv the CC!

14. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

jeah i will try to.
    BTW, does anyone where i can buy colored oil? or make it myself by adding color to clear machine oil or something? because i want to add that to the water. as you might know oil will stay in top of water. Think that would look very chemical. if i can't find colored oil i should use clear oil in top of the yellow water.

15. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

r3men4nt i belive ur sig is too big, u should change it b4 a mod shrinks it

16. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

i think the UV will show up the etching.

there is dye you can get for water cooling systems - i really don't recommend using anything else - unless you can fake it (i.e. make it totally separate, but look like the same).

17. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

The problem with coloring the oil would be that it would most likely be a mixture, and the coloring would mix with the water, too... What color are you looking for? Also, I'd make sure that, if you do end up using oil, that it doesn't completely screw up your pump.

18. r3men4nt

r3men4nt What's a Dremel?

Ya I was just thinking that what effects will oil have on your cooling system. one thing i can forsee would be a residue buildup and the oil certainly allow dirt or contanminents in you wc system to collect and restrict flow.

19. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

This mod is AWSOME!!! I wish I could come up with ideas like this (plus actually do them).

PEACE

20. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

I love the sandblasting you did. What kind of tape is that, in order to hold back from ripping up in the sand?