1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Evil Inc. [26.11.2006]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Evil-Inc-UK, 25 Sep 2006.

1. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

oh instead of a painting the front peices, if possible you should fabricate new ones, mabe out of balck acrylic and UV green acrylic (mabe add some LED's to make the green glow ?). Also slap a niceee paintjob on that thing to replace the el cheapo paint thermaltake uses. also swap that fan controller out with somethin alittle less... thermaltake-esqe.

2. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK What's a Dremel?

Good idea with the front acrylic has given me an idea a bit different however for the front using acrylic and mesh that i will be trying out when i get a chance. stay tuned for updates

3. Evil-Inc-UK

Spraying

Well its been a while since I did anything to the case and I got bored so I decided to get rid of the red panels at the front of the case a temporary measure but should make one less thing for ppl to keep telling me I should do over and over lol, I also wanted to test out this paint for possible future use on another project and see what the final result looked like.

Weapon of Choice
    [​IMG]

Top half painted (one layer) & the bottom panel untouched for a comparison
    [​IMG]

Both painted I know there is some red on the side I will get that on the next update not to mention this isn’t permanent just an excuse to test out the spray paint and work on my skills with it (to tell the truth this is the first time I’ve used spray paint lol)
    [​IMG]

I’m quite impressed with the results from just a few coats I will post more pics when I am happy it is completely dried properly and i have fitted it (I don’t like posting to many pictures all at once when I can avoid it, i find it limits peoples ability to make comments on a particular picture easily)

More to follow hope to get some good feedback from this, next week i should be getting more acrylic and begin working changing the front appearance to something more interesting and less em what’s the word... crap lol
    Not to mention making the new hard drive cage which reminds me to get some led's at the sometime. :hip:

By the way sorry about the quality of these pics my camera isn’t a gr8 fan of metallic paint apparently I will try and get better ones soon think I defiantly need a tri-pod for it make my life easier.

4. Evil-Inc-UK

Panels Installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

I must say I'm really impressed, it looks SO muche better than the original case, wich I dont like very much. Good modding there! What's next?

6. Evil-Inc-UK

Well due to popular demand the X at the front is now gone - pictures to follow shortly

7. Evil-Inc-UK

Sorry guys for the quality of this picture but it seems my camera has a problem when it comes to taking pictures of metallic paint lol I will work out a way round it but this is the best i managed so for all of you who hate the thermaltake X look on in the glory of it now removed.

[​IMG]

Notice that I also sprayed the mesh with what I think is a great result.. Tell me what you guys think.

If I can get better pictures in the future I will replace this one.

I will be spraying the whole front of the case I think not to mention the lanfire sign when I get the chance to remove and paint it, but I am so impressed with this stuff going to get more for larger jobs maybe in different colours maybe paint the front and side mesh metallic green not sure if i should feed back and suggestions wanted.

8. elliod

elliod What's a Dremel?

hello looking good so far and i do hate that case but you are doing wonders with it.
    why dont you change the frontal Xlogo with a UV green acrilc part?
    keep up the good work

9. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Looking 100% better. You might want to try sanding and doing a few coats. It'll even out the paint. Also You'l DEFINATELY want to laquer it with some spray on for some protection. If you dont you'll scratch it and see some of that red show through.

10. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

YES! the X is gone, now you might wana cover the front USB prot cover thingy too, i was thinking mabe you could get some corbon fiber vinyl and cover the front X with it, it might look more distinguished from the black backing while stil retaining the black cover, i like how this mod is going down, gaudy thermaltake case is turning into something nicer, keep up the good work!

11. Evil-Inc-UK

thanks guys for the comments like I said in the last post under the picture I will be painting the whole of the front including the lanfire bit when I get the chance to remove and spray it defiantly going to get more of this paint and when I can afford it some more of the stupidly expensive uv green acrylic well it doesn’t get expensive really till you add delivery prices nowadays anyway

12. Evil-Inc-UK

RIGHT, IM GOING IN!

Hi guys this is it the big push to get this case looking better than those idiots who made the lanfire in the first place thought it could.

as you will notice from the pictures below I have finally emptied the case completely so no more excuses over the next few days I will be posting a number of updates showing you all just what I’ve changed with this case which I hope should be quite impressive there is still the lack of acrylic in my armoury at the moment which is a shame but I have enough to keep myself busy for the next few days.

DISCLAIMER

I am in no way responsible for any mental or physical harm that may be coursed from viewing the following pictures, simply by reading this you are signing off any thoughts, brain cells, dreams and or body parts that might fall off during your time reading this post to the nice people at EVIL-Inc. :thumb: Development Division :thumb:

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN I BRING YOU..... THE NAKED THERMALTAKE LANFIRE

ENJOY....

From The Back.
    [​IMG]

The 120mm Fan Mod I Mentioned @ The Start Of This Forum.
    [​IMG]

Full Frontal.
    [​IMG]

Hmmm. and this is the replacement case i am using while i am modding the main one I friend of mine was kind enough to supply me with, right now I swear I can hear the faint screams of GPU's in there now own personal hell compared to what they are used to.
    [​IMG]

As per usual comments welcome..... Till Next Time

Last edited: 21 Oct 2006
  13. Evil-Inc-UK

DAY 2 of MOD MANIA

Well its day 2 and not even one reply so far o well here is what got done today.

1. Thermaltake Fan Blowholes Enlarged & Shaped (Well 2 Out Of 3 Anyway)

REAR EXTRACTION FAN BLOW HOLE (Cutting)
    [​IMG]

REAR EXTRACTION FAN BLOW HOLE (Finished)
    [​IMG]

SIDE INDUCTION FAN BLOW HOLE (Finished)
    [​IMG]

Now from a comment I had from THEkorean cheers for the comment by the way I am working on something for the front of the case however I’ve decided to do it again with thinner acrylic probably 3mm I think I have some laying around anyway after seeing what it looked like in place I decided against it but here are the pictures anyway.

With the use of a few basic tools and my trusty dremel here is what I got before abandoning this piece because it is way too thick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you guys can see I didn’t get all that much done today as I had a late start

Hopefully I will be getting some more comments soon on this project as I want to know what ppl really think about it, I know it’s a thermaltake case but at least it is a bit different to the typical cases that generally get posted on these sites.

14. Evil-Inc-UK

Hard Drive Cage - Part 1

Well it has been a while since I last posted namely as I have been having a social life and gone out that and I couldn’t be bothered really doing much work on the case as i haven’t been getting feed back. Well here is what I have been doing today.

As you guys remember i am using another case at the moment for my rig well it now does not have a hard drive cage lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I Will be having one or two pieces of UV green acrylic to connect the original and the new cages together which I think will look good with the glow edge effect :thumb:
    [​IMG]

More tomorrow.

15. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

i thimnk the inside could do with a paint job, i despise that neutral grey colour

16. Evil-Inc-UK

I am planning on painting it metallic black but can't do it till I have finished all cutting work on the case otherwise I would have to spray it again when I have completed it all.

17. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

This project looks nice! Green is great colour! :)
    Keep up the good work! :thumb:

18. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

good choice with the acrylic front method xD hope it turns out well, try not to paint the innards metallic black cause it'll look funny when you shine green lights on it, plus glossy paint like that is more likely to attract scratches, i suggest you go with a nice matte black. keep up the good work!

19. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

matte paint on the insides is the way to go! always looks good and also slightly stealthier over a full on shiny finish...

looking real good so far, i really hated those cases, always wanted to get my hands on one to try and make one look nice, but your doing it yourself! so keep at it and im sure at the end of the day you'll have one helluva nice case!

20. Evil-Inc-UK

cheers guys for the advice will be getting my hands on some matte paint for the job soon.