1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - 22, August - Video, finishing off :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 14 Apr 2009.

1. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

thanks Vadim :)

Sexual.... hmmm I guess so but I wasnt thinking of it that way :lol:

Thankyou Abhorsen, I have new things coming in the next pic update, not till tmrw though ;)

Cheers BEECH :D :thumb:

both carry fluid, its parallel cooling.

GPU's at 1ghz idle at 33c both exactly the same - load is 38-39 same on both GPU's :)

granite ahs good heat conductivity which gives it the illusion of being colder when it is actually the same temp - thankyou boston science museum when I was a junior in highschool :lol::lol:

Cheers Boddaker, thankyou for your congratulations :D I did consider it but there is always something to do different on the next mod - don't worry I wont be abandoning bare wire styling anytime soon :thumb:

see above :thumb:

So tonight I have been fixing up the back of the mobo tray and I put some color in the res, very small amount of dye as to avoid staining but get color :D I will have pics soon

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Sw33t as hell. That's some GREAT work.

I have mine mostly done, I should be putting up pics tomorrow. However, I have a 5MP camera and overactive cats. Mine will not be as nice.

3. StevieC

StevieC Rising Fusion

don't dye the water

It looks better with the water crystal-clear.

4. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

haha, fair enough.
    I shall wait then :D

5. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Very nicely done, that's another one for MDPC :D

6. MomijiTMO

MomijiTMO [=

Wowers, I am amazed how neat this build is. Great job.

7. Tankdeckel

Tankdeckel What's a Dremel?

hello there from germany. looks just great. particularly well managed watercooling inside!

extremely clean work - I would touch the case only with kid gloves so as not to leave fingerprints XD

8. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Really really nice, just wondering though why you have two connectors between your graphics card blocks?

9. Tankdeckel

Tankdeckel What's a Dremel?

think it´s just for more stability?!

10. MomijiTMO

MomijiTMO [=

Gpus are in parallel not serial.

11. SNiiPE_DoGG

yes Momiji is right the GPUs are in parallel flow

and on that topic Momiji why did you have to get yourself involved with that ****? Just to get a stupid gold tag at a failures racist watercooling forum? I had to say I was dissapointed when I saw...

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

parallel Cheesecake...

I do remember when I designed Mithril instituting a lot of parallelism, and being told I was insane. Huh, that's odd, I wonder what bore out...

This is my last bad weekend, I'll be working 40+ hours over the next few days, but I found the leak in my main res and will be repairing it on my next off day, already have all materials in hand. Then we can have finished products.

Sniipe, did you see Nexxo's auction in FS? You might REALLY enjoy that case.

BTW, keep posting over here. Not many of us have your knowledge in many areas, photography being one of them.

13. SNiiPE_DoGG

Hehe Kayin I see that nice classic ATCS - but I have revolutionary plans for my next build - its going to be epic (in the battle sort of sense) - CAD drawings will commence next week, expect final concept renders within the month if I don't hit any snags.

I try to post here when I see things that interest me, but lately I have been too busy to really keep up with anything but my worklogs! - wiring update coming tonight, just making a few final touches ;)

14. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

wow thats looks mighty mighty !!

where id you get such sexy photo skills lol

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

looks awesome

16. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

where or how did you learn about metal breaking as I defiantly be interested in adding it to my skill set, of course that would require a bending brake, but is there any special technique or types of brakes to look for ?

also thank you for the support of my rig !

17. SNiiPE_DoGG

well, it depends on the thickness of the metal you are trying to work with, but in general using a bending brake is just a brute force technique, you clamp the piece in along the line you want it to be bent and pull the brake levers as hard as you can, sometimes "bouncing" (pressing shortly with more force) the brake on the piece can make the process easier.

any brake that can handle thick metals (>2mm) is quite expensive unless you can find it second hand - personally I have access to a huge very expensive brake at my university's student machine shop.

18. SNiiPE_DoGG

Just a heads up to anyone interested in the other custom Lamptorn FC-3 I didn't use - I am holding a contest for it - http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231851

if you dont have an account on XS but want to participate in the contest (have free watercooling parts and can actually complete the tasks) shoot me a PM once you have registered there with your account name and I will try to get your activation fast tracked

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

May I bump for the solder guide and the video of the res? :naughty:

20. SNiiPE_DoGG

yeah, we are doing more photos this week, I will try to get a sample res video online tonight if possible.

as far as the soldering guide, I have all the stuff to make the guide but I havent the time to actually do it :lol::lol: