1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Fury (Finished - Re-mods to start ASAP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by blackflag, 20 Jun 2004.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

If you haven't thought about/mentioned it already, you should replace the front switch with one of the illuminated vandal-resistant ones :)

Your other cases are nice too. I just took a quick peek in at your site... you have too many computers. I wish I could afford to mod that many.

2. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I had considered using the red vandal switch, still tossing it around, it's just that the Lian Li one is so pretty.... :D

Yes, I do have too many computers. :hehe: Surprisingly my fiancee puts up with them. I still have 11 ideas I'd like to do with mods, just limited finances :miffed:

I should be getting my RAM and most of my other supplies tomorrow. This system should be quite nice. I'm going to have the following:

AMD Opteron 148 (2.2GHz) <-- same thing as FX-51, just $350 cheaper
    Asus SK8V mobo
    1 GB Corsair XMS DDR3200LL ECC memory
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Danger Den waterblocks on CPU, northbridge (useless, but I already have the block so why not :hehe:) and video card
    Drive bay reservoir
    New Danger Den pump (tiny!!- will fit in one of the hard drive bays)
    Probably will be picking up some 160GB SATA drives to replace my 120GB PATAs
    Antec TruePower 480W PSU (painted the same red as the case internals)
    Matrix Orbital MX233
    Red water, UV red cables, red/black wire sleeving, (4) 4" UV CCFLs, (2) 12" UV CCFLs, (4) 4" Red CCFLs, (2) 12" Red CCFLs, etc. etc. etc.

I will have the lights wired to a drive bay for some SPST switches.

When I get the rest of my stuff I'll post some more pics (and also as soon as I finish painting).

Last edited: 23 Jun 2004
  3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Add me to the list. I have a V1000B on it's way to me (will start a project log "Black_Jack" when I get some parts). Black/Red for me to, also H20 (Innovatek) cooled. I have no plans to drill out all those rivets and paint the interior, that is a major undertaking. Aluminum is tuff to paint (and get a good finish, good luck). More pictures soon please.
    MS

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Mate I have to say thast a pretty good setup. The New DD pump, IS AMAZING!! I can tell you... Good luck with it all ;). Be a good setup.

5. modsquad

You know I just did the math, 12 CCFL's!! Man if they are all switched on at once we will need to get you a cane/cup/sunglasses. That thing will glow in the dark. Post those red painted interior pictures dude!!
    MS

6. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I'm considering using DPDT switches instead so I could have UV set to the top of the switch and red to the bottom of it, but then if I wanted both red and UV to be on (say 4 red and 4 UV) it wouldn't really work that well.

95% of my parts should be here today (save for the paint and the pump and my etched window) so I will post some more pics of the goodies I will be using.

7. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Okay, I got some of my stuff. I'm still missing a sizeable amount of it, which should be here tomorrow (I mixed up the dates :duh: ).

[​IMG]

About 1/2 my supplies....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My Opteron 148. It is a heavy piece of silicon! :D

[​IMG]

1GB of matched Corsair ECC RAM. This crap cost nearly as much as my processor!

[​IMG]

I ordered some red anno'd fans just for this project, as I'm trying to stick as close to the color scheme as possible.

[​IMG]

I'll probably have 6 of these bad boys controlling my CCFLs. They'll be mounted in a 5.25" drive cover.

[​IMG]

Close up of my purdy Danger Den TDX waterblock. I got it with the water flow regulator inserts. I've heard mixed results from others, but the consensus seems to be that the #4 one is pretty good (the best :confused: ). If anyone knows and would like to let me know that would be really cool. :rock:

When I get my friggin' paint (Monday) I'll be posting some more pix. Somehow no store in my vicinity carries red metallic paint, so I had to order it from some online retailer located in Minnesota. Evidently it takes 10 business days to get from MN to NY... I think I could probably walk to Minnesota in 10 business days... don't know what's so hard about boxing up a couple of cans and shipping them. Anyhow, /RANT, so I'll keep you posted.

8. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

MMmmm.. Gotta love boxes of unused hardware ;)
    Good job on the painting.. if you ever get the paint that is :hehe:

9. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

I have the same RAM. Cost me an arm and a leg. :eeek:

Definately worth it though!! :thumb:

10. modsquad

Man, that is a Boat_Load of new hardware. It looks like you will be moving quickly through this project. I am a "slow modder" (damn real world job). My last project took all of 7-months to complete. I will be starting my v1000 project,aka Black_Jack soon (should have a V1000B in a day or two). Best of luck, but after checking out your website/other machines I don't think you need luck.
    MS

please don't do that
    -mrplow

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Jun 2004
  11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

yeah man, god damn!! Thats so much nice hardware!!!!I'm your best freind:D

Tho whats your graphics card??

12. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

woha somebody has been on a shoping spree!
    One thing I know, is if the wife dosent know, she dont care...
    Usaly i order stuff to work, and bring it home, the tell her that its free stuff, leftovers etc :worried: dont tell her....

Cant wait to see more, kinda like the lianli....
    Mod on! :dremel:

edit: original way of proposing!! love it realy geeky :rock:

Last edited: 25 Jun 2004
  13. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

EXACTLY. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I'll be using my "old" Radeon 9800 Pro that I have from another PC. No X800XT unfortunately. No more money!! My Danger Den GPU block should be here soon (thanks to the soon-to-be-in-laws for the birthday present) so it'll tie right in nicely. Doesn't hurt that the card is *RED* hehehehe.

Modsquad: Usually I take a few months for a mod (this one is about 3 weeks old, including planning time). I'm aiming to have this PC finished by mid-July.

14. modsquad

I agree, planning is a very important phase of modding. For me, I need to see the case/parts in person to get a good fell of which way to go with a project (and then plans most always change as you progress on the project). I am looking forward to seeing your project develop over the comming weeks.

15. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

wanna see some new pics! Updates?

16. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I'll post some pics soon, I promise. I've been super busy modding and working my 9-5. I've put a preliminary coat of paint on the case internals (needs more coats and I ran out :duh: ). The PSU has been painted the same color as the internals (ruby red metallic) and has been sleeved black and red. I vinyl dyed the hard drive holders black and painted the drive cages ruby red. They're pretty sweet. I'll show you guys at some point in the near future.

I've got the illuminated ring vandal switch wired and in place, and I just received my LEDs and resistors so I can wire up my switches when I have a minute. I'll probably be breaking in my new drill press this weekend to mount the switches in a drive bay, and to run the water cooling's Tygon tubing to the upper compartment.

I'll have some more pics in a day or two, things are kind of in an "in between" stage. I got my window etch back and let me tell you, it is HOT. It will look great installed. I'm in the process of designing a complex window below my etch on the side panel that will be laser cut by an associate of mine. Stay tuned.... :D

17. NixioN

NixioN What's a Dremel?

What's the full name of that Motherboard?

Edit: Sorry i found out! I just didn't read the 2 first posts! :wallbash:

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

new stuff and a new drill press? you make me jealous!

post the pics!!!

19. modsquad

I also mounted a bulgin vandal (dot version) in my project Black Jack. It looks great. They make such a solid switch that when pressing the button it causes the area of the front panel of the case that the switch is mounted in to "flex" under the pressure needed to operate the switch (there is nothing behind the perforated aluminum to stop it). I did not notice it until after the switch was mounted and I was playing around with it. I don't like the feel. I guess you could reinforce the area, but I will most likely go back to the stock switch (luckly same size).
    Looking forward to seeing the red paint
    Best of luck
    MS

20. splinter_cell

splinter_cell What's a Dremel?

opteron, drools i really like that case, it has tons of potential.
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: