1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project H-Bomb Working LCD pics added 9/12/02

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hiren, 20 Aug 2002.

1. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

PROJECT H-BOMB

This is my first attempt and both building a PC and modding a case. Below is what I started with:

[​IMG]

It was my P3 550mhz system which I had for around 2 years. This is what I ended up with:

[​IMG]

I painted the case using Odd's N Ends fast drying enamel although you can't tell from the pics is supposed to be metalitic blue. The transfer panel is from maplins electronics and the biohazard case badge is from Overclockingstore.co.uk. The PC / case still isn't finished as I have started to put rounded (blue of course) cables in to tidy the inside:

[​IMG]

I am planning on mounting an external LCD box, a new graphics card and possibly a window and some cathodes.

Well there you have it, the case isn't finished but I'm pleased with the results so far. For more info about the PC / case can be found here including more pics!

H-Bomb website

Last edited: 9 Dec 2002
  2. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Thats a nice first bit of work!! Definitely needs a window, get to it!! :D

3. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

paint the drives :) then do a top window :)

4. George

George Bah

and paint the grey button black.

and nice work mate. :)

.icecube

5. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st What's a Dremel?

nice work, gotta love the 'go faster' strip! weird case looks like its in 2 sections, nice job but def paint the drives!
    tom

6. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

whats with all the usb extenders?

7. Hiren

mrhaz - Thanks, I am thinking about a window the only problem is as you can see from the first pic my case sits in a little custom made cabinet the only part of the case you can see is the front.

Lazy - I planning on painting the drives silver although as I've never painted drives before I'm hesisant. Also being white they match the rest of the case.

icecube - Yeah the button was supposed to be silver but my cousin forgot to bring the paint round :sigh: so i had to leave it that nasty grey color :( . Now that you mention it black would look better thank's for the idea mate! :D

dukebox_1st - The case is some generic one. It's actually quite wide because the PSU and CPU sit next to each other. The case does look a bit werid though. The racing strip was my dads idea when I asked him for some tape to tape off the button he said instead of painting it one colour why not put some sort of design on it. At the time I was playing GT3: A Spec so I took insperation from the Dodge Viper and stuck on a racing strip. :lol:

Here are some more pics for you all:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see I've still not manage to figure out how to hook up the front status LEDs properly or the reset switch.

8. Hiren

m00min - The motherboard came with 8 usb (4x 1.1 and 4x 2.0) ports so I just put them in even though I only need one (for my mouse).:lol:

9. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

lol, case looks uber btw

10. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

nice werk.. as everyone tells me, needs some cabling tidiadge.. :) i still havn't fixed mine, but im hella lazy.. :D

-scoob8000

11. Hiren

scoob8000 - As you can see from the pics the inside of my case is a complete nightmare to work with. That's why I'm going to be putting in rounded cables to tidy everything up. I'm also considering replacing the heat sink and fan as they make way too much noise and in a months time this rig will be in my room at uni so I'm looking at quieter options.

12. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

looks nice man. i think that that case is weird lookin, also i dont like the one piece cover that they have. at some point in the future i'm going to be modding one of those, should be interesting.

13. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

looks very nice so far. i like the white strip . cant wait to see what mods you come up with next. keep up the good work

14. Hiren

VadimtheConqueror - I agree with you about the covering. I hate it as everytime I need to do anything on the inside the whole cover has to come off and their are horrible when you try and put them on. Also the case is quiet wide, not really sure why. :idea:

Ron Weasley - Thanks I've still got a few ideas but the next sort of mod after the cables will be an externally mounted LCD.

15. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

ya, that's part of the reason i dont like helping my sister with her computer. if she lets me mod it, i might see if i can find a way to convert it to panels instead of one piece(have no idea how, of course, but i'd figure something out)

16. Hiren

I suppose it might be possible to cut a very large hole in one side (as if to put a window in) and then mount a door of some kind. So it would swing open and let you work on the inside?

17. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

-H-: Case is looking sharp!

For the side panel thing, I had the same problem with my old case. I ended up cutting a side panel by cutting a straight line and adding some thin molding over the cut. Then it couldn't cut me and fit back together nicely. Only problem is you need to make sure that the new side panel has clips on the front and bottom to hold it in place. Probably the most useful mod I'd ever done. :D

18. Hiren

Deviate - got any pics? sounds like a very useful mod. :idea:

19. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Not any good ones. This is about the best one I have of it and it's not that great, actually it sux!

[​IMG]

But you can see where I made my cut and then put the molding over the edge. I used car door molding, but I'm sure you could find some pvc molding that would be even smaller.

20. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

how about cutting a monster window, like leaving a 1 inch border all around on the normal "opening panel" side, then puttin an acrylic piano-type hinge along the top? so you chould just swing it open , etc ...