1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project ICE-CUBE - Home made box

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Albertoliveira, 27 Mar 2003.

1. Albertoliveira

Albertoliveira What's a Dremel?

Hello to you all...here goes some pictures of my box...
    :D
    it was a 3 mouth work with planning an making but I think it was a god job...
    What do you think ?????:clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:p :p :p

Last edited: 27 Mar 2003
  2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Mmmmm, nice :D

Looks pretty clean, though I'm not a fan of the beige optical drives or fan grills (don't ask, I have a weird hatred of them for some reason).

It's a shame that our fingers would bleed so much without fan grills because intake fans look great without grills on IMHO.

Anyways, nice case, where've I seen it before? A certain case gallery that is cool that I won't mention the name of?

3. Albertoliveira

:confused: :confused:

It's a cube in acrilic, perhaps there is some of them in the NET, nothing is impossible.
    But this is a project of mine and made by me...not a copy to anything or someone...I know that box you are talking about and it's a lot different, I think the only thing that is the same It's the shape of the box... a cube in acrilic.:D :D

4. NiHiLiST

Haha, no, I've really seen one in acrylic like yours with the drives and fans in the same positions etc :)

5. Albertoliveira

:eeek:
    could you please give me the link ?????:confused:

6. NiHiLiST

I can't remember where I saw it, but thinking more carefully it might have had 80mm fans at the top and black drives :confused: I'll look around for it and see if I can find the link.

7. Albertoliveira

thank you...:D
    because it will be hard for me to have a box like my on on the net...the people here in my forum may say that I did copie my box from another one....
    and it's not true...I didnt never saw anything like it before.... :waah:

8. IceColdFever

IceColdFever What's a Dremel?

nice...i like the bloo glow!!! Fans all over!

I'm sure i know the answer, but why two PSUs?

Is the top of the case attached?

I have also seen the acrylic cube case called the IceCube. Regardless i think this one looks good.

I had a similar idea...Mine was even going to be IceCube...(notice my username) but i guess i'll have to use IceT. My first name starts with a T. Now you got me thinking...case shaped like a giant T....hmmm

Anywho. Like the case. Get some different fan grills and you will be kicking!!

9. NiHiLiST

Don't worry, you can't expect every mod or case to be original; there's hardly any that couldn't be "copied" from somewhere else.

10. Albertoliveira

I have the two psu linked together to start at the same time...1 is for the system and the other for the secundary stuff's 2x 120mm Fan's and Cold-cathode ( cooling in general).

yes, I already think of that... fan grill's like biohazard or atomic power or something...

not yet, i'm waiting for the acrilic bolts ...:D

11. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

NiHiLiST has a good point about the fan/finger guards. I already lost a slice of finger on some simple 60x60mm coolermaster fan *auch* It bled like hell...

Albertoliveira: I really like the box! :rock:

12. KiwiCobra

KiwiCobra What's a Dremel?

Vvvvvery nice !! :clap: I was going to ask about the twin PSU's, but someone already asked....

13. ReFredzRate

Albertoliveira: the specs in your signature are the specs of the system running in your ICE-CUBE?

14. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Very nice. I dont mind those standard fan grills myself but im quite new to this so maybe i will learn to dispise them :D Is therte anything inside the beige coloured bottom section? It looks too deep to not have stuf finside it!

15. Albertoliveira

yes, :D I know that pain, I already felt it on the blades in the papst 120mm in the front :hehe:
    I have finger guards in the front, but inside the box I don't need them because probably I only touch something inside with the power off ( I hope so ) :D
    And you peolpe know that finger guards make more noise than without them....and I want my cube to be silent ( and it is ), besides the 2 PAPST 120mm with 165CFM's ( with a voltage control switch on the back ).

Yes, my signature show thw material inside, and if you want tempratures : idle 36/37 and in full 38/39º- the diference in idle and full it's only 2º......:D :D

no, I dont have anything over there, but in the future probably I will put some blue neon under it.
    The bottom has that shape to hold strait the inox bars in the 4 corners of the box. His function is to bare with the weight and to hold the all box...

16. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Sweet box:D

17. NiHiLiST

You haven't truly felt the pain until you manage to drop a running 120mm YS-Tech 135CFM beast onto your finger and manage to shatter a fan blade off :wallbash:

Now THAT'S pain.

18. ReFredzRate

Albertoliveira: Those temps are in celsius or fahrenheit? If they're fahrenheit, then it's pretty cool, but celsius... I'm running my system on 24 celsius :p lol... j/k The temps are ok, since you're not running the same crappy, overcooled system that I run :)

19. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Very nice rig:D

DDK

20. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Surely it'd have been easier just to get an uprated PSU rather than have two seperate ones?

Sweet case tho.