1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper transformers trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by Slink, 20 Dec 2006.

1. Slink

Slink B7

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

3. peteone

peteone New Member

Looks class, cant wait till July. :(

4. Springs

Springs Boing boing

WoW looks great.. i cant wait...

Last edited: 21 Dec 2006
  5. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

hmm i have to say, it does look a bit cool even if it does look ever so slightly cheesey

6. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

uckinfay eetsway udeday -

That looks pretty badass. I might just have to see it - although it will be hard to talk my better half into it...

7. Agent_M

Agent_M Member

looks good apart from optimus primes paint job, gotta love those inconspicuous flames :\

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have quite the hard on.

9. riggs

riggs ^_^

Well, it actually looks pretty good, despite the fact the robots look very different.

I still think they should've set the story in the 80's and made the robots look identical to the cartoon (or as-close-as-possible; obviously they'd need to look realistic).

10. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan New Member

Whaaa? A Michael Bay film that I might not completely hate? I think hell just froze over. Mind you... That might be because Speilberg's given him a kick up the arse.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im still expecting it to be Americano-centric and willy pulling with an all american cast, ala typical Michael Bay, but then I also have some faith in Spielberg but more importantly ILM.

Im thoroughly expecting it'll be all action no story and people will be split down the middle saying it's **** or great because they either expect this or not.

12. DreamTheEndless

Come on now - that's not so bad seeing as how the storyline is (loosely) based on the story of the original cartoon. In fact, the voice of Optimus Prime will be the same actor that played his voice in the cartoon all those years ago.

I'd say your complaint is valid in general, but in this specific case, I don't think that it would be inappropriate to American-centric.

(Side note - I really appreciate how hard and how well J. K. Rowling fought to have all the characters in the Harry Potter movies be British. If you can believe it, Warner Brothers wanted Harry to be played by an American actor. J. K. and company said a flat "no" to that and wouldn't budge on the subject. Good job.)

13. PA!N

PA!N New Member

Am I the only one who thinks transformers suck :worried:
    /runs for cover

14. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

15. DreamTheEndless

You are allowed to say that ONLY if your age is outside of the range where the 1st series of cartoons were on television when you were somewhere between 7 years old and 11 years old. You probably get a little extra leeway if you were outside of the US when the cartoons were airing. (Like, having grown up in Germany for instance.)

Also, if you of the age to have played with the first generation toys, you pretty much have to love them. Or, maybe you're a girl?

I remember getting Soundwave for christmas one year - it was the coolest present ever. The next year for christmas, I got a boxed set of all the consrtuctacons - you know, the 6 construction robots that merge together to form devastator?

*sniff* I miss those robots......

16. DreamTheEndless

Didn't mean to double post, but you posted while I was responding to another post. In reference to your post:
    "Note: Intel Macs are NOT currently supported by Vividas. Support is currently under development and is coming soon."

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I don't care if it's set in America for an American story, but it's it's a world wide fight and then they only use American cities and say **** like "GOD SAVE US, GOD SAVE AMERICA" I die a little inside. It's frustrating and somewhat pathetic to non-Americans. Harry Potter IS British, so is set in Britain. It makes sense and there have been countless American movies made about America that work. But considering an interstella object ONLY lands in America, again, is just tediously repetative to a non-American. I'm not saying lets end up like Captain ****ing Planet and go ultra-PC with a kid from every continent, but can't we just tone it into the REAL world, for once?
    The irony of that question is that I'm asking for it to be done on a Mecha movie.
    Pain: You missed out on the 80's, therefore you have no idea what we are going through I'm afraid.

18. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I dont think ive ever atched the Transformers when i was a child...not that i can remember, tho this film does liik interestig, but i doubt it would be the best mecha movie made....i think ill reserve that for NGE when it finally goes into production.

19. K

K 528491

Why did they give Prime such a crap paintjob?

20. lcdguy

lcdguy Active Member

Because they went to mako :)

Tags: