1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper transformers trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by Slink, 20 Dec 2006.

1. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Well...after having a quick look at wikipedia the 1.gen was launched in the 80s and I was born 1990, thats a point for me, plus I only lived in the States from 1998 to 2000 which is kind of an excuse for not having the toys, too. :D
    I think that excuses me enough. :hehe:

cheers

2. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

while i was alive in the 80's i didn't hit 7-8 till around 89 so that and all we got for years was cbc, global and ctv nothing else. Also was never interested in the toys that much.

3. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Bah - you kids are too young. This is for people who are in their 30s and/or people with children who are 8 to 12.

:D

(I always laugh when I see some 20 year old with a transformers sticker in his window.....)

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Word. I do hope that we see a similar generation of kids sporting Yu-Gi-Oh tattoos and proudly wearing Pokemon t-shirts in public.

For me, I'm not convinced about this trailer at all. The robots all look too much like Bionicles... which isn't a good thing. Looking at them moving about, colour scheme aside theres not a lot to distinguish them from one another.

5. Slink

Slink B7

6. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

Pretty much sums up why I'd never watch a Transformers cartoon, that's cheesy even for children's programming standards. It's mad that so many people take it so seriously.

7. TomRogers123

TomRogers123 What's a Dremel?

For many people its part of their Childhood.

That clip in particular brings back so many memories for me! What a clip!

8. ccorces1

ccorces1 What's a Dremel?

i'm very very excited for this movie to come out! i hope they do a good job

9. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Pah, I'm 23 but I grew up watching Transformers and He-Man. I still have almost all of the original toys somewhere, albeit in not very good condition. My nephew, on the other hand, simply hates Transformer toys because they're "too hard to do." Kids these days, I swear.

10. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Actually, you might need to give him a little slack. Transformer toys these days really suck. The are difficult to transform and very ugly in both modes. You find yourself looking at them saying "WTF? This is supposed to be an aircraft carrier?"

Yeah for first gen.....

11. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I bought a newer Optimus Prime a couple of years back and while it was a pain in the arse to figure out at first (he had three modes, ffs) it was pretty easy once you figured it out. It was the figuring out that was the pain... wonder what I did with him?

12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

...and most of it should stay there. I've never really understood the need to rewatch and obsess about this stuff as an adult. Nostalgic memories are usually far better than the reality in my experience.

13. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i think you need to watch more cartoons :)

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I spent quite enough of my childhood doing just that. I loved Thundercats, Transformers, He-Man, Uylsses, Cities of Gold, Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, MASK... you name it. However at the age of 29 I don't feel the need to buy them on DVD or display their merchandise in my home.

I find that my childish memories of these shows is generally much more enjoyable to entertain, than seeing them in their cheaply animated glory in 2006.

Just my personal preferences.

15. Slink

Slink B7

question for the haters club, Say there wasent a cartoon based about transforming robots back then, and this film was being advertised. would you go watch it then?

Stop the hate, I bet its you people that dont like funfairs either.

16. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Bindi... As for movies with American focus... Dr. Who sees aliens crashlanding ONLY in Britian so some counter-effects exist. If pigs with wings and people-suit wearing aliens are only found in Birtain, we can get exclusive rights to being invaded by robotic aliens :D. But I do see what you're talking about and agree somewhat.

As for the cartoons... the originals rocked so much better than that beastwars or newer crap! I still enjoying watching the transformers cartoon movie! He-Man on the other hand... I downloaded a few episodes a while back and they are terribly childish and kinda boring.

DreamtheEndless... I hate you! I wanted a Devestator but there were too many constructocons and nobody would buy it for me! Or the dinobot collection! =( BUT I did get a Dinoriders T-Rex and some nifty GI-JOE vehicles. Oh, and a few years ago I dug out my Generation 1 Optimus Prime. Sure it's kind of boxy looking and has nowhere near the articulation of say, a McFarlane Toys figure, but it's awesome nonetheless.

17. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

This is looking better and better. I can't wait.

On the topic of remanising (sp?) about old cartoons. I remember watching G-Force (Battle of the Planets) as a kid and loving them so I recently hired them out on DVD to watch. I only got as far as episode 3 they sucked so much. Maybe some things should just be let be in our memories.

This on the other hand is better - it takes all our fondest memories and puts them into a context that we can now enjoy. Bring it on I say.

18. riggs

riggs ^_^

I know exactly what you mean. I tracked down a Terrahawks video a few years back, but it's nowhere near as good as I remember it being. Very dissapointing, and has totally wrecked a childhood memory.

19. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Did anyone ever watch Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future??!

Viva la 80s!

Tags: