1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Putting People First G20 Protests in London

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Cyprio, 28 Mar 2009.

1. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

A few of my favourites from today. All-in-all a good spirited protest, no trouble and only one arrest i think. Let's see what Wednesday brings...

Shot with a D300, Nikkor 17-55 f2.8 and Sigma 50-150 f2.8. One of the few times in London recently that was a pleasure taking pics - there were loads of people taking shots and so you didn't feel like a paparatzi walking around with a large lens. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More here.

Cyp.

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

The first one is pretty epic imo.

Very well framed, but could be a teeny weeny bit tighter on the left I reckon. But I am not a photographer, just an admirer of those who are.

3. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Nice pics there Cyprio.

I really like the first one and especially the the text "BRITAIN" which can be read just right of the guy. It seems that this photo could be in a newspaper (which is a compliment :hehe:).

I also checked the rest of the photos from Flikr and I must say that most of them were really good. Great use of DOF and clever framing.

Darkened

4. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

really like the first shot, the B&W works well

5. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I really love #1... the black and white makes it almost seem timeless

6. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

oops double post

7. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was an sun and showers day and my initial reaction to some of the overcast shots was that the colours were very dull. It was this along with the fact that some just 'felt right' in black and white that led me to convert them to monochrome. Perhaps the budding photojournalist in me... :)

Darkened - i would love to be able to say that Britain in the background was deliberate. There was so much going on i was struggling to get uncluttered shots, let alone check out what the background was! It was the first outing for the D300 and i so i was concentrating on getting to grips with the AF, especially learning to use the AF-ON button to focus rather than half depressing the shutter. It works really well but i think it will take some time to 're-learn'.

8. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Don't depress your shutter man! :hehe:

Well if it was an accident, at least it was a good one. For me it really brought the picture together.

Darkened

9. OleJ

OleJ Me!

#1 is a classic. It works very well.
    In #2 I really want focus to be on the guy holding the "Out" sign. It's a fine shot but I find myself struggling to find a focal point.
    #3 doesn't really give me anything. The woman walking past is distracting and the man and the flag are cropped way too tight. The angle/composition looks mostly too me like a random quick snap. I see what you got caught by as the man carrying his son and a flag is a great subject.

Cheers!

10. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

ahhh i must have been so close to you, got some interesting ones of the guy with the mega phone, then slowly end up down the end of RBS, witnessing some window smashing, it was an eventful day at that :)

11. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

That must have been on Wednesday? These were taken on the Sat. Dont think there were any windows smashed. The same guy was there though - he is in loads of pics on Flickr. :)

12. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

The first one is definitely a bit special, great work there!