1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Rainbow Six: Siege Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 Apr 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Sounds great! Cheers Rick :)

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Any chance of listing the PC configuration when you review games? Its always nice to see if a game will likely play well on a system before wasting money on the game when you realise your HD3000 on board with low voltage i3 isn't up to the task (not that I would ever think it would be but other less informed gamers could end up wasting money if they cant play it in a way that most would say is acceptable)

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Until recently I believe Rick was using a 660 but has now been upgraded with a Titan... to help raise the quality of in game images. Either way I don't think you would get any indication of how well a game might play across various hardware levels...

5. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I miss the real Rainbow Six, not this dumbed down console crap.

6. SchizoFrog

Surely that is PC games in general...

7. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

If the system had a base of for example and 4770K at 4.4Ghz, 16Gb 1866Mhz ram, an SSD and an GTX780 for example and ran at 50FPS at 1080P Then you know a system with an 4670K at 4.4GHZ with 8GB or 1600Mhz RAM and an GTX780 will perform o a similar level and with an none overclocked system running an i5 at 3Ghz with 8GB of 1600Mhz, no SSD and perhaps an GTX770 would sit at 40FPS... its all relative is what I am saying.

This game could have achieved 60FPS on a memtal system with tri-sli TitanX at 1080P for all I know or it could have done the same running on an Athlon dual core with a GTX460...

Having a system spec in place gives the facility to gauge an idea of what to expect, having nothing leaves you wondering and possibly holding back if your limited to older or less powerful hardware..

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This :thumb:

9. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I miss the real Rainbow Six too, but let us be honest, the first - original - Rainbow 6 was a classic, and then it all went downhill with every subsequent release. Remember Rainbow Six Vegas 2? THAT was true dumbed down console crap...didn't support 16:10 resolutions, was magic-button for every action and was Radial Menu City, Arizona (and crashed constantly too, didn't alt-tab properly, and so on). That game even gave Xbox 360 controller action-prompts on a PC with no controller attached.

This, on the other hand, looks and feels a LOT closer to the Rainbow 6/SWAT we used to know. Don't get me wrong - I'm as big a consolitus sufferer and hater as any of you (probably more so, in fact) - but this IS a step in the right direction.

Ubisoft have, to be fair, been taking steps to redress the mistakes of the last 10 years. Better that we show our support for the improvement, than relentlessly go on about the past and have them give up all together.

Just my opinion :)

10. SchizoFrog

I guess it could be done but as you would need to go in to detail about each and every setting used while playing I would fear that the review would go from judging the games playability in terms of quality and fun to just another tech review for comparing hardware and fps.

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Am I blind or is it really looking that horrible?

Tags: Add Tags