1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend me a Keyboard and Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rowin4kicks, 12 Jan 2010.

1. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

Hi bit,

I thought this would be the best place to ask as I have no idea where to start. My current apple wired keyboard is just over a year old and is definatly showing its age, and my logitech piece of sh*t mouse cant pick up a signal when its next to the reciver!

So im asking you what mouse and keyboard combo would you go for with a budget of £50-80, bearing in mind im a poor student.

I use alot of CAD, photoshop, illustrator, that sort of stuff. I also do a bit of light gaming.

Cheers for any help!

2. Pieface

Pieface New Member

Logitech G15 and Logitech G5?

3. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i second G5

as a keyboard, i use the microsoft ergonomic 4000; a bit strange first, but it feels nice to the hands to be in a confortable position, and no complains about the quality

4. evoyear

evoyear New Member

I am happy with my Logitech G5 and Logitech classical keyboard

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did you contact Logitech about your mouse via phone? If it's under warranty they will send you a new retail box with everything inside it (you won't need to send back the old one). If it's out of warranty, they might be able to offer you a discount on your next Logitech product your buy from them.

If not.. then open the mouse and see if the antenna got disconnected, and reconnect it. Other people solved similar issues by extended the antenna with a small wire where the rubber was removed.

In no circumstance, e-mail Logitech (or any company in that mater), as you usually have very poor service, as they are usually new recruits and they don't know the company policies by heart or even the system.

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I also use a G5 mouse... as does my wife. Simply a superb mouse in every respect. The colour scheme isn't exactly my first choice, but I can overlook that because of it's brilliance.

7. nightblade628

nightblade628 Member

Can't say about Mouse, but I've just got the Saitek Eclipse 3 keyboard and, despite everyone saying the Eclipse 2 is WAY better (which it might be), this is an awesome keyboard in its own right, I'm absolutely loving it and won't ever look back. I would recommend the Eclipse 2 but 7 people have told me theirs broke in under a year (this may or may not be rage related).

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Well-Known Member

I don't game so my keyboard does me fine, got it from here actually it's a Logitech Di Novo Bluetooth jobbie.

9. Zero_UK

Zero_UK New Member

I'd say either a G5 or Razer Copperhead would do the job fine, the copperhead is really expensive now so just go for the Logitech MX518/G5 and a more or less standard logitech keyboard?

Or if you want something a bit for fancy with some back lighting:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Saitek-PK-02AV-Eclipse-II-Wired-Keyboard-BackLit-Purple-Red-plus-Blue-Keys-USB-11-20-Black - does red, blue and purple. My gf uses this keyboard when she does both gaming and photoshop etc.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Microsoft-9VU-00004-Reclusa-Ultimate-Keyboard-USB-11-20-Wired-Black-plus-Blue-Neon-Lighted-keys

Last edited: 13 Jan 2010
  10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

use a microsoft keyboard and a logitech mouse, MS mice seem a little s*it, as there ergonomics has gone a little off in my view, and logitech keyboard are just that bad, keys are horrid.

Best combo i ever had, and still use is a logitech MX revolution, and a microsoft comfort curve 2000. cheap keyboard, expensive mouse go figure!

I like the professional look, not the 'im 14 and i play games, so my kb n mouse must show that, ooo blue lights!'

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

+! to the Logitech G5 for mouse. It's just full of WIN!
    As for Keyboard:
    MS Comfort Curve 2000 is my personal choice. That, or an Apple one.

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'd just grab a cheap (not the cheapest, mind) keyboard and a mouse that fits your hand. If you aren't an extreme gamer then the mouse specifications aren't gonna mean anything. Just get one that you feel comfortable using and that's it.