1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Recommend old school case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AT0MAC, 4 Jun 2018.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You could probably fit a table and chairs in a case that size with an itx board. :)

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Well I could always use the leftovers to make a dolls house for my niece. :idea:

Last edited: 9 Jun 2018
    adidan likes this.
  3. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

Thanks for all the interest in this thread, damn guys you wrote a lot since I last looked here ;)

Anyway, I ended up making a deal way better than I thought I would, about 1/5 of the price I wanted to spend and around twice the size I need, I got a huge case on my hands for close to no money.

The whole purpose is to build a 2nd system to bench up against my killer panda pc.
    I have not yet put up any benchmarks or other numbers of the killer panda, as I found out it's really hard to compare, if you don't do the benches in the exact same manner.

So here is the question - I am slowly stating to build up the 2nd system and have already ordered the parts I want to use, would you like a new thread with teasers about what it's all about?

It's kind of an experiment I'm trying out, so I can compare two unique systems against each other.

or would you prefer to wait, so I don't make the 2nd thread until I have actual work to show?

The killer panda thread got very cluttered imo.

adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh probably best just to wait till you kick it off proper. You could do the build log in project logs, then a separate thread in here (hardware) for the benchmark comparisons of the 2 systems. Others can then chirp in with how their system(s) compare etc.