1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Recommended water chillers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Noob4ever, 19 Jun 2010.

1. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

Well I'm finally getting the time again after a couple years to get back into my aborted mod, and I long ago decided to do a chilled water cooled loop, yes I know all the reasons not to do it, and none of those are really applicable in 15% humidity :D.

That and the fact with this
    http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcwchill-452.asp
    in the loop, a review I read said -10c with ok insulation :D. With some high end water chillers going to -60, I like water chilling because at the end of the day I can take the chiller out and still have a quality wc loop. as opposed to phase change
    Unfortunately, those are no longer made, so...... any recommendations for a replacement? or something that works as well?

2. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

You can look at the MadMouse Glaciator, which is exactly what you are looking for.

This is their main page.
    http://shop.madmouse.nl/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9

Just be warned, the units themselves create a lot of heat. That unit uses 210W power so all that is going to be converted to heat and need to be dumped into your room as well, you need at least a 360 dual thickness rad to cool that off.

As for -60C, I doubt that small little thing can pass off even -10C. It isn't even close to real real industrial chillers. I bought a couple commercial chillers with 3HP, I put them in the basement to cool a couple refrigerators on the ground floor by routing the freon through copper pipes, but thats their intended purpose. Would be cool if you can route water or something to your computer so you can max out the fans on the other end.

In the end, why don't you just get phase change. It is the same concept but I guess there is no shiny UV tubing.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The Titan water-chillers that Bloody_Pete linked too are very good - we use them all the time in the CPC/bit-tech lab.

5. Noob4ever

Dont want to buy it, and not sure I want to build it for the phase change is why I'm going with this.
    I just havent seen any decent phase change setups for sale, the cheapest decent one I could find would be 8-900$

that and ambient here in the summers is 80-99 degrees

Last edited: 19 Jun 2010
  6. Noob4ever

Any idea where to find that chiller in the states? I cant seem to locate one :D

7. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

If you're not overclocking then you could use the TDP figures from the datasheets of the components you're intending to cool using the water chiller. If you are overclocking however these figures will be hopelessly inadequate as you can nearly double the TDP of a CPU with heavy overclocking.