1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Res Position and 'Flow-back'.

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by The_Crapman, 20 Sep 2013.

1. ChromAnomaly

ChromAnomaly What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the clarification, makes more sense now :)

After thinking more about this, I suppose if your res volume is smaller than your loop volume then you could actually have some issues with a res at the bottom - with the pump off, a siphon effect could drain the loop in to the res. If the res inlet is in the top and the fill cap is open then it wouldn't require much fluid head to flood. Using an inlet on the bottom of the res, or a fill line extending to the top of the case should eliminate that risk. Either way, it's still going to suck to bleed that loop.

Anyway, hope you've got a solution you're happy with!

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh I'm going to have fill lines coming from the top of the case near the front, down the front panel, than back to the res. I'll also probably put a valve in at the end of the fill line to stop water rushing back up it.

3. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Dont worry about having the res in the lowest part of the loop,I have done it with no ill effects.
    Bleeding was no more difficult than the usual.

[​IMG]

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

My res is quite near the top of my loop, but the radiator is about level with the top of the res. To fill I just have to fill the reservoir up as much as I can and tilt the case backwards to put the rad inlets below the res (which involves screwing the top back into the res), run the pump for a couple of seconds, then repeat the whole process about 4 times. (then run the pump while rocking the whole case into odd angles to get the last few air pockets out).
    Shame you (the OP) don't have a fill port on the front of the res, otherwise you could tile the whole case onto the right hand side (the front of the case I think?) and just fill it like that.