1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Researcher develops NIC rootkit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 24 Nov 2010.

1. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Who needs a rootkit when Uncle Sam can log into any server at any time and watch what your doing. The government has been doing far more advanced stuff like this for years. Just remember the United States has remote controlled robots on Mars and satellites exploring deep space, your PC is child play to them.

As far as a virus, well this is just an excuse to sell more Anti-Virus licenses as the new scare will be Virus protection for discrete graphics, sound, and other PCi-E cards.

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Seems like pretty much everything with firmware can be updated these days, and therefore would potentially be vulnerable.

Maybe some hacker will come up with a way to re-flash BIOSes that is actually reliable!

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

If your uncle sam or our own big brother types wants to watch what I'm doing I really don't mind, but some opportunistic criminal dude wanting to nick my banking logon details has just had some good research done for him. Rather less impressed about that.

Tags: Add Tags