1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals rj 10 to 3.5 mm plugs buy or make?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MSHunter, 17 Jun 2011.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

rj10 to 3.5 mm plugs buy or make?
    This is my question as the only rj10 to (2) 3.5 mm phone socket adaptor I can find is from the USA and costs 20$ plus shipping plus import tax (18% or was it 22%?)

RJ10 is the jack on a phone for the head/Hand set.

This would enable me to use my great Sennheiser headset at work instead of the cheap ehm Cheep #### that is given to us to use. (best used for ear removal or customer confusion)

1) any one know where I could buy this (quality) in the UK in singles, not bulk.
    2) If it makes more sense to solder together one, how is the RJ10/RJ9 socket wired ect. (step by step guide please) :D

3) Has any one done this before?

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

OK simple question does any one know a good e-tailor for audio wiring that sells female 3.5 mm plugs preferably ones that don't need soldering :D (you know the type you insert wire and screw tight.)

add cheap good soldering iron to that list. 2-4 wire telephone cable is easy to come by and rj10/9 headers is not too difficult (Malpins).

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

4. krishan

krishan Minimodder

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Some time you have an idea that makes you feel really stupid that you did not think of it in the first place.

My headset has a USB adaptor.....All I really need to do is get one of the dead headsets at work cut the cable and solder the 4 wires to a female USB header.

Got a donor now just need to source a soldering iron and some where that sells female USB headers....

Any Ideas?

Any one know how telephone headsets are wired or audio and mic. over USB? otherwise I will have to buy a multi meter and check.

ug not again got a small USB extension cable on my desk.... now jut need to figure out the wiring??!!??

Last edited: 22 Jun 2011
  6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

thetrashcanman likes this.