1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 23 Jan 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Reviews like this are why game reviews are no longer respected and should never be considered credible. You are acting as if you are reviewing a full game when you are reviewing a $20 standalone title. The game itself pokes fun at itself and where the entire franchise has gone. The game is a funny, short, but shockingly well written romp that is not supposed to be taken seriously. This is why game reviews have gone to hell. This is why First Impressions like Total Biscuit's WTF is series are more important then reviews will ever become. Reviews should tell you a few things and a few things only. Is it fun throughout the entire game, are there issues that hinders this fun, is it a visual step up or is there a specific artstyle that fits and helps the type of game it is, did the game do justice to the genre, and more importantly is it worth buying overall due to all this. The review score should tell you if the game is both a good game based on all these questions COMBINED with a numerical score designating the reviewer's enjoyment.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ah, I see what you did there. Very good.

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

5. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Na, I'd just start my own review site and write reviews like I did for VGChartz and Playstation Universe. But Im running for US House and work 32+ hours a week so I dont have the time to write anymore.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So, part time then.

If you're running for the house of representatives, perhaps you should practise some diplomacy when posting online, instead of behaving like a D-bag. I'd think someone with your vast experience, gained whilst writing reviews for those two massive players in the gaming world, you'd have a more rounded perspective.

I guess when folk reach your level of awesome, there's just not enough time in their busy schedule to dig deep and make the effort for the little people. You'll make a ****ing brilliant politician.

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Heh,

yes, I always thought politicians think working 32 Hours a week is a lot.

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Isn't that JC Denton in the first picture?

Oh, and SSJ, get down off your high horse before somebody pushes you.

9. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I wish they would go back to the SR2 formula; a very normal world but given the ability to be fairly outrageous. SR3 had a lot of potential but the story was just total crap and then SR4 was just a really boring grind to the finish. All the elements sound like (dubstep gun!) but when you get all the toys handed over straight away its just like playing a game with all the cheats on and it gets dull really fast.

SR2 was better than GTA4 but I would much rather play about in GTA5 than SR3 or 4

10. jimbok11

jimbok11 What's a Dremel?

Hmm...shame...Saints Row is a LOT of fun...

Tags: Add Tags