1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scan Delivery...

Discussion in 'General' started by PHILIP1193, 10 Jan 2007.

1. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

I bought my new e6300, corsair dominator memory and new cpu cooler on sunday. I had an estimated delivery date of tomorrow. Just checked my order status and it aint even been picked yet, how ever my card was authorised on monday, surely some one can pick and pack and send out my oprder within in 3 days

Has any one else bought any thing else recently and not had it delivered on time? Or is it just me as usual :eyebrow: :confused:

Phil

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Ring them up in the morning. It may just be a delay on the system to update with the January sales.

3. ZincteK

ZincteK Minimodder

1 reason why i stopped using scan. there delivery is slow and returns are just stupid!

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

ive never had any issues with scan.

things have allwyas come on time and well packaged..

5. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Normally these places charge your card so long as the items are in stock and pick the items the day/night before delivery is due.

I've ordered something from dabs before at 10pm, and it unexpectedly arrived the next day at 9.30am, so there's still time for it to be sent! The website just might not have been updated - so give it till tommorow before seeing what's up.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Scan are a decent enough company, but their stock system can bite you in the ass sometimes. Chances are one of the products is out of stock - even if it isn't listed as so.

I've had scan emails telling me my ordered product is out of stock, checked the site, and seen the item listed as still in stock - which is very poor. They are overall however a good company, so imo it's worth sticking with them. At least they don't totaly screw you like many other companies do. You could give them a call and ask what's going on, and they'd probably let you know. Or you could just wait for the email that says "Order delayed" - which I expect you'll be getting.

I would stop using Scan, except there's no-one else as good. I'm not saying Scan are brilliant, they're distinctly so-so, but they're the best for components these days.

7. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Ive never had a delivery from scan go right, but having had to call them about every delivery I can say their customer service staff are very good, give them a shout in the morning and ask whats gone wrong and then politely ask if they would refund the postage cost due to the delay. you could also go to the Hexus forums site as Scan have their own section and do answer questions quite quickly.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

alteast when they send £500 worth of hardware through the post, they actually package it all properly...

hint, hint OcUK.

9. DougEdey

Never had a problem with Scan. Ever.

10. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Have ordered a huge amount of stuff from Scan in recent years and had very little problems with anything, including RMAs.
    They do have a retarded stocking system which can cause issues however.

I recently bought the upgrade (in my sig) and decided I wanted it in time for new year to take advantage of the hols and Company of Heroes.
    Scan were shut or severely short-staffed over the festive season and the only company I could find all the parts I wanted and get next day delivery was Tekheads.

Not only that, but they had confirmed my identity (I was paying by switch and shipping to an alternate address), taken payment, picked and given me a tracking number within an hour!
    10/10 IMO. :)

11. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

They are updating their stock control system at the moment and they've just rented an huge new warehouse, so they are addressing the issues.

Give them a ring, they are easy to get hold of and very good. Unlike most alternatives!

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I don't bother with scan - their stuff's always slightly more expensive than everyone else, I usually go with dabs, tekheads, or (God forbid) OcUK. Only OCUK for things which have already been well-packaged though (cases, PSU's, CPU's).

13. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

just an update, it never got shipped!!

Now i rang them at 1:30 today after not recieving any comunication from them by way of phone or email. RReaosn it hadn't been disptached or indeed picked was because my cpu cooler was over allocated - WELL THANKS FOR TEELING ME GRRRR

Anyway i chose a different cooler and its now gone to picked status and not disptached, it better go to dispatched or ill be so so anngry as i send them an email saying put it to urgent!!!

If worst comes to worse, ill get FOC saturday delivery out of them or go up there and give them a round of f**ks

Phil

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Or maybe you could just calm the hell down and realise that it's not the end of the world that you had to wait a couple of days extra for your order to get to you....

15. DougEdey

I think you need to go and get into a nice warm bath with lots of bubbles...

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I like bubbles.

also, im not so sure giving them a round of f**k's will help.....

you might get AID's..

17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Why do people have such large problems with OCUK? Ive not had one problem, i have more problems with Novatech which is local to me.

Sam

18. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

They tend to dispatch stuff late on in the day. See whether you get an email by the morning or not.
    Scan's returns are GREAT, bit slow on the refunds but the return of goods is top notch.

19. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

How's this for a classic? when my Mobo and psu went bang earlier last year, I ordered replacements through OCUK.

I had cash but not enough money in my bank account so got my mum (ahhhhh ;P) to put the order through on her credit card to be delivered to her home address (and gave her the cash, naturally). Obviously, I had all the order details etc. I didn't get any confirmation of the order and so naturally, after a day or two wondered where it had got to. I contacted overclockers and got an email reply saying that they needed two forms of identification to confirm her identity and address (even though it was her card, registered at her home address) before th order could be processed.

Fair dos I thought, nothing wrong with being cautious, though I was pretty frustrated that I'd had to contact them to find out what was happening. Anyways, my mum was at work and I now had enough money in my bank so I phoned and asked if they'd cancel the order and transfer it to my bank card at my address (which they already had on file). I was told that wasn't possible because 'that's just the way it is', which i thought was nicely put.

Instead, they suggested I get her to cancel her order and place a new order myself, on the website. I explained that time was running thin to get in before 12pm (so that i'd get the order the next day, Friday, which would give me the weekend to install it). Again 'nothing we can do'.

Here's the killer, I place my order and miss the cutoff by like 10mins or so and my mother phones to cancel her order, only to be told that her 'refund' would take approximately a week :wallbash: .

Now, if they couldn't process the order on her account because of concern over fraudulent activity (in this day and age, fair enough) why in god's name did they charge the card anyway? (not bloody fair enough).

I sent an email explaining the situation and saying that I was pretty disgusted with the way it was handled, and got a rather blunt email back that said something along the lines of 'your bank may not care about whether or not things get shipped to the right address but we do'.

Yeah, whatever. Pffft

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

My god, ive never heard of that before, OCUK were good when i bought some RAM and it was faulty, got an RMA number, sent it off and refund within a week, which i was pretty happy with, naturally, and despite orders being sent of late, ive always had it the next day, City Links reliablity :D , on the terms of Novatech, i bought a Mini SD card for my phone, only someone put the wrong lable on it, it blatently had SD on it, not Mini SD, thats a pain when it happens, another train journey to get it sorted :duh: And another problem i had, i bought near enough an entire pc, went for a ATI X600 at the time as the x600 pro wasnt in stock, i got home, opened the box to find a ATI X600 Pro in it :duh: but i had paid more for the none pro version :duh: another train journey for me, so far, best reliablity for me has been www.aria.co.uk and www.kustompcs.co.uk, not able to fault either, with kustom, you get little extras if you buy around easter etc, like a bag of mini eggs :D thats good cutomer relations.

Sam