1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Shots fired...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SuperHans123, 14 Aug 2023.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

He always appears disingenuous to me.

That may just be me, dunno.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Couldn’t agree more. His true colours are his unfiltered faux pas… I wasn’t surprised to hear about toxic workplace reports TBH…

He’s got too big for his boots with all his Dan Bilzerian styled ‘look at all my wealth’ vids on his house, his Porsche and other millionaire toys. Guys a douche and has become wildly out of touch with the viewers who afford him those luxuries.

meandmymouth and adidan like this.
  3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Based on everything that happened, how it played out and Linus's response to everything, there will be always be a certain amount of "it's the children that are wrong here" sentiment even if he isn't openly expressing it. Unless he has completely changed his opinion it will always be a forced apology to an extent.

adidan likes this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

adidan and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  5. adidan

I used to follow his vids a long while ago, for a bit of entertainment more than any advice, as soon as the money splashing nonsense started appearing I stopped.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  6. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yep, me too pal. Only watched for entertainment as there’s always been way better and more trustworthy techtubers out there.

adidan likes this.
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Also given how jank his home and/or company setups are/can be he falls square into if you can't be an example be a warning to others... territory.

So you still learn from it... kinda...

yuusou, adidan and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

The stupid ideas side of the videos was actually the part I didn’t mind. I’d never emulate them or even use them as a source of inspiration but I enjoyed the insanity of them, for the most part.

It’s the whole LTT Labs thing I’m struggling with. If they stuck to what they do best, they’d have fared a lot better I think. Proof that you can’t just throw money at a problem.

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I just found the whole HR part of the video just plain gaslighting, all excuses for poor management. I found it quite disappointing, I expected at least less defensive.

meandmymouth and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I've always enjoyed silly things like pentium 4 with the latest GPU. While LTT didn't produce that type of content some of their videos had the right sort of hook. Linus haming it up did get annoying at times but at the same time, playing it completely clinical and straight wouldnt have made the video better.

Therl other side is the usual tech news cycle. The testing of GPUs, CPUs and as Linus identified, the decline in areas like PSU testing, signal testing in phones etc. When was the last time you saw a browser roundel up or an antivirus shootout? I don't remember one prior to Windows 8.

Labs help address that being able to scale up testing and automating it. The excuse was to mass test everything and see if the data throws up anything interesting.

In theory a good idea but as Sentinel-R1 states

I don't think I've watched LTT video for data comparisons. Like you say there are other YouTubers out there who do it better with more accuracy and when was the last time they actually done a GPU comparison spanning multiple generations based on second hand pricing?

Their coverage of handhelds like GPD tends to fall into quick impression videos where again everything is hammed up or **** on rather than given a deep shakedown. Look at Phawx's channel for full in-depth TDP tinkering and calculations. Learning how AMD and Intel handled power management on APUs, how it could be optimised and what scenarios that affected was fantastic beyond LTTs "har har, Intel for gaming baad, buy merch good"

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

They would hemmorage viewers if they did this content...

Those racks screw things they showed off accidentally were ironically one of their most siccessful reviews!

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

this popped up on my feed, made me chuckle a few times

SuperHans123 likes this.
  13. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Still a weird response to everything. More weird is all the comments being so positive about it - did they watch a different video to me? Meh, who cares.

14. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I dunno - I am sat on the fence having taken the time to watch it. There are parts where I think he's just being as factual as he can and others where it might just be a bit of PR.

15. adidan

I'll be honest, I find it hard to care enough to have an opinion :lol:

goldstar0011 and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  16. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

You're not wrong... lol

adidan likes this.
  17. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

It's still better entertainment than what's on ITV or BBC.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  18. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

This ^....

... and that's exactly how I justify the Youtube Premium subscription cost too. 500 channels of nonsense on Sky/VM.... next to nothing on DTV.. I pretty much live on streamed media now, with the exception of live sports.

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

More shots fired!

This time Der8auer vs Igor's Lab...

...and just not any old Der8auer but AI Der8auer; or RoboRoman

He used AI to translate his German languange video instead of re-shooting in English. Pretty cool, actually.

LennyRhys likes this.
  20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

That was surprisingly not jank...

...probably helps that he sounds like a robot in the first place.

The_Crapman likes this.