1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Silverstone Fortress FT01

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Oct 2008.

1. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

This case is ugly as a bucket full of ar*eholes, i cant think of anything that redeems this case's styling, its just channeling one of those old beige cases we all remember so well from the 90's the only difference is its made of metal now

its tacky , its styling is the Mullet hair style of computer cases

2. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

Can you do a test with a dual slot cooler, as they more than likely designed the case to have one or two dual slot cards exhausting some air as well.

i can see the performance with a dual slot cooler being so much better being a "positive" pressure case.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

You hate this case only because the drive bays are wrong? Personally I never use hd cages, I use the Nexus DiskTwin to put the hds into the 5.25 bays. And ditch the hd cages for more room for wc pumps and stuff

Now I cant wait for the review of the act840 coolermaster case!

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

To be honest, there is such a big selection of cases on the market that I think it's ok to be very picky about even small details, It's not like your comparing lets say a k8 and nehalem, but something where thousands of variations are avalaible.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2008
  5. SupremeYusuke

SupremeYusuke What's a Dremel?

This case reminds me of the MacPro case.

6. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

In the original review, the issue with the dust filters was one of the major let-downs. Are Bit-Tech likely to review the score given in light of the changes in the production version?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We review on what we were given, but will make note that certain things change and improve post review, however once a review is published the score is final because it's already available to buy.

Otherwise we wouldn't review "like a consumer" - we approach a product like we would use it ourselves should we own one.

8. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

cool - deffo getting one now!

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

10. vicx

vicx What's a Dremel?

I have this case and the summary is spot on. The video card cooling is bad in this case; even with the drive cage removed and hard drives promoted to the 5 1/4 bay area. On the other hand the positive pressure cooling from the 2x180mm fans is awesome for CPU cooling. It is so good that it is better not running a 120mm rear exhaust fan at all. I turn the van off and you can feel the air venting still quite strongly and the Noctua cooler remains very cool without its own fan. So yeah positive pressure works but needs better tuning.

I think this case needs a third 180mm fan and mechanism for splitting the video cards into their own zone so the CPU doesn;t take all the air.

Ahh Silverstone - you guys always come sooo close to making a perfect case but always you mess it up somehow. Beautiful but flawed.

Tags: Add Tags