1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SimCity

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WhiteKnight226, 7 Jan 2013.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Yep thanks for that, will update that thread

2. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I can't even buy the game, let alone enjoy the disappointment of not being able to play it.

Not sure I even want to buy it now.

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Unfortunately got mothering weekend, so will be on for Monday. Hold a space for me?

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Really want to get this game :( but really don't want to get stuck with this always on crap :(

5. suragh

suragh Derp

Buying this tonight.

My origin name is grexthor. I really want to join you guys.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2013
  6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

7. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

OK so a few people have PM'ed me wanting to know how I got the game from Indian Origin for about £18 so this is how I did it.

Google "Indian Proxys" and choose the top entry.
    Pick a proxy close to the top of the list.
    Go to "Internet options" then "connections" tab and click "LAN settings" at the bottom of the tab.
    Click the use a proxy tick box and enter the IP and port number.
    Then close the internet options windows you've opened.
    Open google and search "origin" and click the Origin link and it should direct you to the India store, you will see all prices in Rupees and a quick google will give you the amount you will be paying.

Hope this helps people and PM me if you get stuck and I will try and help.

suragh and Parge like this.
  8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'd do this, but I still think £18 is too much money to give EA.

Thanks for posting though.

9. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

ok I now need some people to play with so my Origin name is Barny I think if not my email is cmillardc1@msn.com

Thanks.

bigc90210 likes this.
  10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

+1.

The always online thing never really bothered me before and I really want to play SimCity but they will need to make some major changes before I will purchase this game. The price is stupidly high for what now appears to be a cut down game acting as a gateway to DLC. That would be ok if the initial purchase price was low, but it isn't. The current server problems are simply unacceptable IMO. If your going to force this system onto your customers than it should be robust enough to actually let them play. It is quite disgusting that this behavior is so prevalent in modern gaming that people in this thread are making excuses for the game and think this is perfectly normal for a new release. Just stop and think about it. How many other products would you consider it normal and acceptable for them not to work? With digital purchases you can't even return the damn thing if it is broken as well. Lastly we are effectively only renting this game and we have no idea how long EA will keep the servers going.

11. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Ok guys the bit tech map won't be on till next week as I would like to get it on a Europe west server as most of you guys are from there. Also I can't do it yet as I can't get on the game at all!

12. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I got a chuckle out of This. It is from Kotaku, so there may be venereal diseases ahead, but it's funny nonetheless.

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

To be honest, I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't just turn in to an EA/DRM bash fest - I can get enough of that by reading Polygon's reader comments.

I'll be home in an hour or less, but when installing this morning I saw a large number of EU servers all sitting in green status. I think a game next week for BT would be a goo idea, so people can play by themselves a bit first.

14. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Yeah, I can start monday for the bit-tech game?

I'm sure Mr Dom won't mind if we jump onto the mumble server for some banter and fire/police/garbage support.

15. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Please don't get me wrong: I desperately want this game, and so I want it to be good and actually work. Unfortunately certain factors have made it a purchase I do not feel comfortable with, meaning that the best hope that we as consumers have is to constantly put pressure on those whom have made these poor decisions for the game and maybe they'll reconsider their anti-consumer attitude and practises.

But really, one needs something to read and laugh at while waiting to get onto a server for what is typically a single player game anyway :p

17. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I sent everybody on Pieface's list a FR earlier but alas can't currently get on a server :(

18. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I cant get on any either. Oh well. I got your friend request - ta :)

19. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

It's a good game, just not one we can play right now. :(

Bazamataz on origin btw, should I ever get in long enough to start my own city.

20. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

This game is teasing me, I get into the game, I do the tutorial, I go to make my own city and nope...

I can tell you the max cities in 1 region is 16 though.