1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Simply Electronics

Discussion in 'General' started by Voluntary_Pariah, 15 Oct 2012.

1. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Guys and gals,

I was wondering if any of you have used Simply Electronics before? I am looking to buy a Transformer Prime Infinite and they seem to be selling it roughly £494, almost £100 cheaper than Amazon and other retailers.

I have looked at their Reevoo rating but there is just enough negative reviews that make me nervous. So I am looking for any personal experiences of the site and the customer service.

Thanking you in advance,

VP

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Not used them personally, but do you have a credit card? Might be worth ringing and speaking to someone there - I always think that's a good impression of their service.

Voluntary_Pariah likes this.
  3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'd steer clear if I were you - pretty sure I had a bad episode with them a few years back. Am I right in thinking they used to have a different trade name (at least in the UK)?

4. JamesRC

JamesRC Minimodder

I would definitely avoid SE.

I tried to purchase a TF700 too, and they say they have stock - but it'll take at least a week before it comes to you (despite the 2-4 business day promise).

I read LOTS of negative reviews after ordering and immediately cancelled, but it's next to impossible to get a response from SE. I would highly recommend not bothering.

Have a read here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/simply-electronics-a-warning-391698

If I'm too late and you've already ordered, read here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/simply-electronics-a-warning-391698?page=21#comments

If you contact V4ness4Carr0ll at HotUKDeals, she should help you out (she cancelled my order within a couple of hours of my messaging her).

Cheers

James

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Definitely avoid, I've heard many bad reports about them from several different sources.

They mostly sell grey imports and don't seem to keep much if any stock in the country, so you would probably have to wait for it to arrive from the far East before they send it on to you.

6. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Avoid, with a 200,000 mile long barge pole.

7. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

I haven't ordered yet, mainly because I hate spending money and, while I want/need a new tablet, I don't really want to play for one :waah:

Out of curiosity, have you found a different place to get a TF700?

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

AVOID. Poor customer service, fibs about delivery, the works.

But - amazon.de used to be the place for a cheap TF700...