1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Comp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snakekevlar, 18 Mar 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

And now here's the pot calling the kettle black :rolleyes:

Snakekevlar, your post is nearly incomprehensible - use proper grammar please (I seriously dont understand what youre talking about :worried: )

2. snakekevlar

snakekevlar What's a Dremel?

hhhhmmm ok now your going to use the old grammer bit..../selective reading :hehe: ....anyways there is no point going back and forth you understood what i was saying.....and really there is nothing else to say :naughty:

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

There's no trick about what Roto said. You actually don't make sense.

This is incomprehensible. If you read the rules, they stipulate that you should punctuate your posts to the best of your ability and use both correct spelling and grammar. If you have a problem with that, there are a number of addons available for both Firefox and Internet Explorer that will assist you by highlighting errors and correcting them if necessary.

4. ashikamlani

ashikamlani What's a Dremel?

im actually going with snakekevlar on this one. Roto, you should not criticise his purchase of two 7900GT's no matter what you felt was wrong with it. HE obviously has a reason for doing so so i suggest that you leave him be. Oh, and snakekevlar, you were being lippy.

5. snakekevlar

ok you have got to be kidding me if you did not understand what i meant with all the (we) in the post then never mind it was over your head... :duh:

wait i better clarify the (we) comment i was using it in the content of the remarks of how (we) see a problem how i am spending my money badly, who is (WE)?....and my spelling was right on, the Grammar....well if you did not get it i can't help that,i can only say try to understand it to the best of your (we) ability.. :hehe:

6. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

OK... we'll remove the (we)s from your post, whether they're correct or not (note that, when addressing "we" in the third person, it's actually "you" (plural)):

It makes slightly more sense now, although you've omitted some critical punctuation that confuses much of the sentence's meaning. For example, "you could have said you spent money badly" doesn't work at all, because RotoSequence would not be referring to himself as spending money badly when you have made the purchase! Perhaps 'you could have said "you spent money badly"' or 'you could have said that I spent money badly' would be more appropriate. You also seem to be over your own head when it comes to the differentiation between "were" and "where".

In any case, this isn't an issue of whether or not I can interpret your post (which, incidentally, I can), but an issue of how difficult this is. As you might be aware, this forum is used by a very broad spectrum of people, including those who are not native speakers of English. I shudder to imagine how such a person could make head or tail of your writing. By this token, not only is your incoherent speech difficult to decipher, but it is also inconsiderate.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2006
  7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

In addition, I cant really be arsed to make sense of an incomprehensible at first read post ;)

I read the post, and I still feel buying two 7900s because two 7800s on their own dont seem fast enough in games for you; this applies ONLY to this scenario and the fact that youre giving your old graphics to your brother.

8. snakekevlar

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

You honestly expect us to believe that after that series of posts that you got the 7900s solely because they werent fast enough in games? While its nice that you're giving your brother 7800s, its obvious that its not your ONLY reason.

And its Roto, not Foto. Please correct your spelling and use proper punctuation; it gets annoying. Arsed is a British term, meaning they dont feel like getting up and doing something because they feel it would be more effort than its worth.

My last post poorly expressed what I was trying to say (I dont read over my own posts often enough before posting them); I meant that buying 7900s for faster game performance than keeping your old cards was a waste of money in and of itself. Giving them as a gift changes the context.

10. snakekevlar

TO tell the truth i could really and i mean really care less why you thing i got the 7900's... and

[QUOTE:You honestly expect us to believe that after that series of posts that you got the 7900s solely because they werent fast enough in games?

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Snakekevlar, youre dragging this argument all over the place. Tell me then, what IS the point of this thread? Originally it was complaining about 7800s not being fast enough, and went to 7900s being a waste of money, to us arguing about your grammar and post comprehensiveness, which is rapidly degrading to personal attacks. I think this thread has served its usefulness - that usefulness went away about 15 posts ago.

12. RTT

RTT #parp

I can't see you lasting long here if you carry on like that.

Closing thread - this is going no where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.