1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News SlySoft: Blu-ray fully cracked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 31 Dec 2008.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

are you confusing DVD? The smallest Blu-Ray rip where it was just the movie no other content in ite original format was like 14gb, the ones online are probably compressed which defeats the point of blu-ray and hi-def

2. Notional

Notional What's a Dremel?

The IT Crowd:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82Lq2rVB_4

Thank God for Slysoft. Why would any company punish their paying costumers? It's beyond me.

3. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

All cosplayers should be punished!

4. Ren

Ren What's a Dremel?

Is there really a need for other video software? WMP is enought for me :p

5. jamesthebard

jamesthebard Too Much Time On My Hands

Another Plus For People

Slysoft is the reason people can actually use their media the way they want to. We don't 'rent' these discs, we buy them (unless your infringing) and we'd like to do what we please with them so we don't have to buy them yet again. AnyDVD HD is an awesome program and I wish them the best of luck at whatever challenges BD+ throws at 'em again.

As far as the rips are concerned, they are huge when uncompressed. Most of the rips you see on the net are scaled down to 720p which will save a bit of space. Also, depends on the codec that was used to encode the video on the disk.

I'm in the process of ripping the BD's I have to a media server, and I'm hitting anything around 2GB to 3.5GB at 720p with Dolby Digital 5.1 at 448Kbps. Even at 4GB to 5GB a shot, storage is real cheap and gives you a way to keep those BD's in a closet. I think I've seen a few 1080p's around at around 8-9GB as well. I haven't taken a look at any of them though as far as quality goes.

As far as another software player, I never was a fan of WMP. Too big and not really worth it IMHO. VLC/Media Player Classic tend to work better for me on my computer for videos but YMMV.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

On a slight tangent, my God Of War DVD has a compulsory, unskippable Mars Bar advert. That's ****ing appalling. I didn't mind when it was the legal "plz don't steel this film kthx!" messages, but an unskippable American confectionery advert on a DVD is too much like being told to bend over and think of England. I'm officially clinging to the Anti-DRM Bandwagon.

7. Sterkenburg

Sterkenburg To mod or not to mod...

The only reason I have any problem with DVDs, and the only reason I've ripped every DVD I've bought (other than convenience), is because of unskippable ads. Prices haven't come down any, but they keep packing more and more ads (usually for their own products at least) at the beginning... and when I put a disc in the player, it's because I want to WATCH it, not watch it in half an hour. If I ever upgrade to BD, I'll probably do it via a BD drive for my PC and a copy of SlySoft, not a player.

8. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

So true... the inq is really correct with their "trademarked" slogan "piracy: the better choice(tm)" - all DRM-s will be cracked, and those that were planning to pirate smth, will do so anyway, and those that didn't plan on it are the ones that suffer, because the 'merchandice' that they've bought is less usable than what you can download from the net.
    Or imagine donoading some movie you've never heard of, wanting to see it before shelling out wads of cash for a blu-ray copy, only to realise that after you've bought it, you still can't use it how you want. Like buying a car, with which you are only allowed to use the first three gears.

9. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Not interested in like-for-like copies, just want a 1280x720 copy for my laptop or an even smaller copy for my PSP that isn't infected with DRM.

Tags: Add Tags