1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Snow!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 17 Dec 2009.

1. dec

dec [blank space]

+1.

I wonder if it gets frostbite :rock:

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I was at Bisley all afternoon, and it was horrible. Sleet and all that stuff.

Aparantly my end of the woods (Surrey/Berks) are getting a deludge tonight....

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Left home this morning with just Ice on the ground, eventually got to work, which is less than 10 miles (as the crow flies) and the area was covered in Snow Ice flakes, so basically it had been snowing, but the snow had froze during it's fall to the ground, was quiet strange, although spectacular at 07:10 in the morning.

Sam

4. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

Got about 6 inches, where I am in scotland!

Drove to the train station on Saturday night, train to Glasgow, get back Sunday afternoon, Car was not leaving the car park :( Tried to get it today, but not a chance, perhaps tomorrow if im lucky!!

5. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

We've had some great snow (~30-40cm) here, until nature decided to heat up today. Saturday rocked, slight ice in the city with all the people walking on it, but outside of it nothing but snow. Sunday was worse: nothing but ice in the city (so an even longer walk to work). Monday morning... bah. More ice than ever inside the city, but outside the snow was still lying fairly strong (even though it had seen its fair share of passing pedestrians on Sunday).

Monday afternoon (when I woke up :blush:)... bye-bye snow. A few patches here and there, some ice here and there, but this week it seems like there shan't be any snow. Goddamn schizophrenic valley-next-to-the-mountains weather.

Then again, it'll probably save on the heating bill; and seeing as I'm a cheap-ass that's a good thing.

On a sidenote, am I the only adult here who finds a childish pleasure in trodding through snow no-one else has walked in before?

6. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Aye some snow in Belfast. Good times!

7. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Well it is the first day of summer season in here. It is hot as hell! 31 Celsius today!
    I hate heat :/

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Motorbiking is so much fun on snow. I nearly lost the front end yesterday though, that was hair-raising.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

-3 in Armagh tonight and still a good 2 inches of snow on the ground. I hope there's a heavy fall tonight because with it being so icy it will lie instad of melting when it lands. I'd love lots of snow for my brothers wedding on the 30th!

10. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Not in the slightest, I took a massive detour on my way home last night to do just that.

11. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

No snow here in Oxford, but the pavement outside my house is bloody icy :(

12. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Ours is coming tonight through Thurs PM. Great to walk in the snow at dawn. Quiet before the commuters and the delivery trucks. Really cool when it gets real cold and the snow crunches. Fun.

john

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

We had a light covering yesterday, but looks like it's gonna be just rain for xmas :(

14. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Already got another 3 inches today, and it's still coming down!

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Dec 2009
  15. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Got a decent amount of now where live, though quite a bit turning to ice now. Was getting annoyed at not running due to the weather and so tried wearing my spikes, worked brilliantly and didn't slip once.

16. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

From my walk to the shop today..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

other then a lot of groundfrost i havent seen anything other then a quick flurry that lasted 20 mins last week. :/

go Birmingham

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Well my ride in this morning was more interesting than usual. Couple of inches dumped over night had to carry my bike to the main road and even then they were not a well gritted as i had hoped.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Absolutely not, I freaking love it! It's so quiet when it snows too... its amost as though everything in the immediate world surrounding you has shut up to watch or let the snow fall :)

My fresh prints in an inch or more of snow that fell in less than 90 mins at Magabery last night. This was right after Dad and I finished helping my brother move some furniture into his house:

[​IMG]

Getting the van home some 50 miles in that weather was... interesting to say the least. Even the motorway here (M1) was covered in snow!

20. alexnoose

alexnoose What's a Dremel?

I like the snow!!