1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I've been on a bit of a nostalgia kick. Currently having a play through of Command and Conquer, the remastered version of the original. Awesome fun, though it does seem harder than I remember it being. One I get through that I've got the remastered Red Alert lined up.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Not quite yet but.......

Ghost of Tsushima comes out tomorrow. I canna fookin weet. There is nothing, but nothing, more BA than a Samurai with a big sword.

Weekly_Estimate and Byron C like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Sooooon......

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nah mate... this is out on Tuesday, and I cannot wait.

That's a five year-old trailer, and it still gets me hyped. If those wide shots really are in-engine... holy balls...

VictorianBloke likes this.
  5. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

With you on that! The first is still one of my favourite games, and that trailer set to Heilung is just perfect.

Byron C likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

No played the first, is this another goody that passed me by?

7. VictorianBloke

Very much so. It nearly passed me by too, only installed it because it was on game pass and figured it might pass a few hours. It's the only thing I've completed on game pass, and then immediately bought.

It's one to play with headphones.

Byron C and adidan like this.
  8. adidan

I'll have a look see when I get some time.:thumb:

HZD was one that passed me by and thankfully I gave it a go after asking about on here. Frickin love that.

Headphones? I always game with headphones now. I spent far too long trying to get my pcs quiet over the years and it was pointless. :happy:

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Most definitely. And like @VictorianBloke said, you really need headphones for it. They used binaural recording extensively, using a rig that has microphones where the human ears are positioned:

[​IMG]

It’s only two channels, but the effect is absolutely incredible.

It is worth pointing out that the game extensively depicts mental illness, specifically psychosis (this is not a spoiler). Ninja Theory worked with psychiatrists, support services, and psychosis sufferers, both for the original and the sequel. Hellblade has been praised for its depiction of psychosis and how it portrays the altered reality that sufferers experience. I don’t have psychosis, but I’ve had more than my fair share or poor mental health (still do in many ways) - there were times I had to put down the controller and walk away from it because it was too intense.

VictorianBloke and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

@Byron C Thanks for that. I seem to recall mention of a game depicting troubling mental health episodes but then it seems to have just been one that passed me by.

Thanks for reminder though, definitely good to know - one i'll pick up but will have to be in the right frame of mind to play.

11. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Tried that Ghost of Tsushima.
    Played for about 45 minutes.
    In that time, I sat through about 30 unskippable cut scenes and the parts of the game where I was allowed to play, I just kept hammering left and right click.
    I'm out.

12. VictorianBloke

Can you pause the cut scenes?

I don't mind unskippable, but anyone who designs a single player game that can't be paused at any and every possible moment clearly hasn't encountered real life.

13. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Yes you can pause them.

VictorianBloke likes this.
  14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

That is indeed a terrifying trailer...:worried:

Byron C likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

New trailer dropped for Hellblade II:

Need to watch properly on a big screen, not my phone, but Aurora is an amazing vocalist.

Would you believe me if I said I listened to that band to relax? :lol:

16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

What's the soundtrack of choice when you want to get amped up?!

I'm going to dig the first one out on GP after all this and give it a whirl. I just looked the band up and apparently their name means "healing"...:worried:

EDIT: Actually, that Youtube live video wasn't as chaotic as watching a bloodstained, warfaced Senua screaming what looked like a curse in runic into the screen. I can see how that one might be a bit more hypnotically chilled.

Last edited: 20 May 2024
  17. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm back playing Starfield with the recent update but focusing on Diablo 4 as main game (xbox), enjoying both gladly.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Same, although it is more than that. I like to do the whole dark room, eyes closed, earphones in, and get all floaty thing. Can't be doing with listening to them whilst driving....

Byron C likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's taken mostly from a Proto-Norse inscription found on an amulet that dates back to between 375CE and 570CE. In the context of the song "In Maidjan", the generally accepted translation is an invocation to Odin to assist the speaker's army in war.

Heilung are a fantastic group, unlike anything I'd ever heard before. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure.

I tried listening to Lifa in the car once... It was a mistake, I got a few minutes into Alfadhirhaiti before I had to put on something more relaxing, like Sabaton :lol:

I can't wait for Lifa Llyn Dain to come out. The vinyl for Lifa Iotungard has already started dropping on people's doormats, but no word on the live video release of Lifa Llyn Dain yet.

Side-note: I love the fact that they used the ancient Celtic name for London, there's a direct link between the ancient "Llyn Dain" and the modern Welsh "Llundain". To top it off, the stringed instrument that Maria uses in the Anoana performance in London is a crwth (kroo-th), an ancient lyre of Celtic/Welsh origin dating back to at least the 7th century. God damn I wish I had been able to go to that show...

Almightyrastus likes this.
  20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Played this last night... until 0100. Whoops.

It's aces. Maybe not quite as impactful as the first game, as I know the gimmick now, but it's super pretty and has a great cast.

Finished just after the first boss last night. Hoping to get some more time on it tonight.

Byron C likes this.