1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony: No plans for PS2 downloads on PSN

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i think there's a healthy number of people who would pay £15 for FFVII alone.

3. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Do we belive Sony though? How many times have they flat out denied something only for it to be true?

If the feture was added I would probably finally buy a PS3.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Only if they're region agnostic - so I can get my hands on some RPGs that haven't made it to the UK.

5. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Sony should definitely consider the idea..

They could probably do it better than Microsoft, who's backwards compatibility (while there) leaves a lot to be desired.. hundreds of games still don't work on 360 (including Operation Flashpoint: Elite.. GGRRR).. And even the ones that do are often buggy (Mercernaries - go to the north west of the map.. and your game crashes... WTF?)..

6. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

you mean XII right?

it would be an excellent idea, and they're fools if they don't. I missed out on buying a ps2, ploughed all my money it pc gaming instead and i was absolutely gutted when they dropped the backwards compatibility of the ps3, haven't bought one because of it. if this happened, i probably would get one

7. wongy2803

wongy2803 What's a Dremel?

I think it would be a good idea, especially for those people who have non backward compatible ps3s disc wise, although if your ps3 can play psx and ps2 games then you could just pick them up on ebay for allot less, I got metal gear 2 a few weeks ago for less than £5 inc. p&p.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it would make the PS3 more worth buying....

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Urgh, FFXII was absolutely terrible. I still haven't managed to force myself to play it for more than 45 minutes - the characters annoy me that much. :( VII was good, but it's not the best in the series - it's just that it's the one that more people get exposed to.

10. Major

Major Guest

Whenever Sony states "no plans" or "not interested", it normally means they are doing it.

11. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Ace Combat 4 or 5, my favorites for the PS2

12. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

It really makes you wonder what is actually going on.....maybe they will unveil a new SKU that sports BC and that would make it less realistic to want to bring PS2 games to PSN, but again who knows.....personally I would think they would want to bring them to PSN, but idk the cost/time/effort involved in doing that.....

13. rollo

rollo Modder

ff7 8 10 12 wouldnt be bad if offerd as download

mgs 1 2 3

I know the local 2nd hand store still sells more in ps2 games than any other console. Gets all new releases also.

Tags: Add Tags