1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Space Siege

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 22 Aug 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/08/22/space-siege/1

Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games are back with a new action RPG extravaganza, but is Space Siege really a title worthy to follow the success of Supreme Commander, or is this little more than a dungeon crawl where nobody can hear you scream?

:duh:

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Supreme Commander was my favourite game for a long timemainly because the GPG support/community is very good.

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

4. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

5? a 5? play threw the entire game, premise krub ending krub but its pure fun and after 30mins your playing and playing, i finished in 1 weekend, was happy, uninstalled, but went all out cyborg and been thinknig of completeing human with diff skills so will be playing it again this weekend...it may be techincally a 5, but in reality a 10 , well worrth th cash
    p.s. suproeme commander sucked ass, overhyped dribble, any C&c GAME better

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Um?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Uh no. We spent an hour doing co-op and it was mindless, monotonous drivel.

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I was just in game during my lunch hour walk and wondered if this was any good.... From the the smiliey i guessed the result, glad i didn't buy it. COD4 should arrive today so i suppose i'll just have to play that instead on this miserable wet weekend.

8. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Yes, because I enjoy playing a completely broken multiplayer with an easily exploitable bug with no support whilst my multicore CPU struggles insanely becasue I don't have any multicore support.

CnC3 sucked.

9. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

hmmm, denis iiii, interesting ideas...sup com sucking, are you any good at it, maybe thats why you think it sucks or because your sustem is designed to handle the likes of space seige and not sup com which would hinder your experience greatly.

i think cardjoe summed up the response with um?

lol, nice article, turd like game from the looks of it

peace

fatman

10. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

Best emotion to attach to a game I've heard, cheers for the laugh. Why did Chris Taylor attach his name to this game I thought he was stuck into developing Demigod atm or did I miss something? Possibly make a little bit on the side to help fund demigod? *shrug*

11. Toka

Toka Minimodder

So, was I the only person that really really enjoyed DS and DS2?

I still have DS2 installed, I actually played it a bit last weekend :)

12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I'm all for mindless fun when playing a game, but this is too mindless. Even scripted events where you open a toolbox or something and get attacked, far too easy. and not being able to run and shoot, whats with that? Apparently in the future the human brain isn't able to do more than one thing at a time. Even if your accuracy went down when running, it would still be a lot better.

13. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Nope your not alone. I like dungeon Siege and am currently enjoying Dungeon Siege 2. I like playing these dumbed down RPGs now and again. I guess it's the equivalent of watching big brother.:D Variety is the spice of life. Long live the numpty games.:p

14. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

ok i read the first page and jumped to the comments to say

Sid Meier

tech writers.... sheesh

15. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I'm sorry, I beg to differ CNC3 sucked ass, wasn't even fun and an absolute low point in the series right next to generals. Supreme Commander is what CNC3 should have been I really hope they get it right with the next Red Alert.

Am I missing something? Why do people keep comparing this game to Supreme Commander when they aren't even the same genre. It's like comparing command and conquer to crysis.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I know :p

Or John Carmack, Alice McGee, Ron Gilbert, Lord British, Tim Schaefer, LevelLord...the list goes on.

17. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I lost interest from the moment you described the controls (stand and shoot).. Turned me right off... which is a shame, because I have a lot of love for GPG games. They brought me Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.. the best RTS game on the planet.

I wish GPG would stick to what they do best.. RTS. Even remake Total Annihilation if you have to... please!!

anyways.. I hope the game sells some copies just so that GPG has enough money to fund their next RTS!

Oh.. and the guy that mentioned C&C as a better RTS game than Supcom... the shame, the pity of uttering such dribble. What is the world coming to. It saddens me deeply.

18. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Dagnammit I was going to buy that.

19. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I dont know but was the control of DS en DS2 not the same? And what does C&C and Supcom got to do anything with SS? Its a bask and loot game for christ sakes, not a RTS

20. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

The same company made SupCom... and did a brilliant job. Its the best RTS game out there by miles once you have learnt how to play it. For all those that are mentally challenged or retarded, there is always C&C to fall back on. Thats the link. GPG should stick to making great RTS games.

Tags: Add Tags