1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spy Hunter Movie details emerge

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jun 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

What about Silent hill ? Not bad, was it ? Or is it me ?
    Doom was worth seeing because of the 1st person sequence...

3. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I'll put my neck on the block here and admit that as long as you ignored the fact that it was nothing like the games, the Doom movie was good.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I loved the resident evil films. Cant wait for the next. Silent hill was also great, and Doom was good but not great. Mortal Kombat was also a great film and Street fighter. I love these films although I got to admit I have none of them on DVD yet. dont know why but I dont.

never seen Dead or Alive to judge that film although everyone says its crap.

Spy hunter was a ok game but got boring for me. There was a story to it?? to make a film?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Forgot about Silent Hill - THAT was a good film/game adaptation. MK and Streeth fighter were awful though, lacking even camp appeal.

I liked Doom for what it was and thought the final fight was pretty fun. Resident Evil 1 will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the first full film I ever downloaded and I saw it 4 months before any of my friends. It was a passable film, but the second was just sooo goddamn bad!

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

DOOM film was good, but not great, i liked it even if it had almost nothing to do with the game in terms of story
    As for this.... i hope its good, video game -> movie conversions usually are not that good, and some times the reverse is also true.

7. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

with how well 'the fast and the furious' did here before petering out I think this thing may well have some life in it.

people like fast cars and fancy driving, they also like james bond. if the director pulls it off right it could be a sleeper hit, if not then it will bomb harder than most movies.

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

DOA was a good film lol :p
    The first person sequence in doom ruined the film it was ok until it got to that bit, but then the Rock is a legend.
    Residant evil series isn't half bad either its not the best film in the world but much like the others game movies its not half bad.

9. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Couldnt get on with Doom. Guess I couldnt separate the game expectations, etc. Too much unnecessary explosions, excessive gun fire sounds, etc. Just didnt sit with me.

To be honest tho, for me, the days of movies where every machine gun shows constant muzzle flashes with supersonic gunshot sounds, massive, massive explosions from simple grenades and cars that seem to blow up 4 times when someone throws a lit cigarette into a stream of petrol are tedious and boring to watch.

Wish they'd do movies where things were much more real. Gun shots having a quick, sharp "pop" rather than a .45 sounding like howitzer, grenades that just go bang and not look like a petrol bomb, chest exploding with gallons of blood when someone is shot, etc..

Damn you, youtube -- you're conditioning me expect my violence on a realistic level now!

10. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

The DOOM movie sucked majorly and the storyline was soooooo bad. I always knew what was coming around the corner, except for that freaking awesome 1st person sequence which I wish was the length of the entire movie cause I could've watched that for hours. That was the ONLY good part of that movie...I can't stand The Rock... he gets under my skin....

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Doom was a great film to watch, but a poor one to think about. Treat it as a fantastic B-Movie, but without Bruce :D

12. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i rather liked the *first* Mortal Kombat movie ... incidently Wiki says it was a 'major success' ...I agree that the 2nd one was lousy and don't get me started with that live-action StreetFighter one *shudders*

Tags: Add Tags