1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage SSD Goosed? Eek!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by DD_nVidia, 26 Feb 2013.

1. DD_nVidia

DD_nVidia Minimodder

My 240GB Sandisk Ultra SSD that was in my 2nd system had been acting weird a while ago and wouldn't boot windows, it just hung at the logo loading screen, not crash stuck, still moving and stuff but not booting no matter how long it was left.

Being busy with work and stuff I didn't bother looking into it and shoved it under the desk.

I've finally had a chance to look into it, and putting the drive into my main system causes it to detect the 100MB partition which is fine, but the other isn't initialised, so tried to make it do that, after some huffing and puffing it just lost the drive!

Also other strange things to note, when the drive was plugged in, the system wouldn't detect any new drives, even usb sticks, until it was unplugged. Also it occasionally hung on boot at the disk detection stage on the other system.

Whats your thoughts - Data on this bad boy gone?

3 year warranty so i'll get another one, but there was some photos on it I hadn't got round to backing up yet which I would have liked to get off, but even in linux it can't mount the drive.

2. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Can you firmware update from boot up?

3. squirrelz

squirrelz What's a Dremel?

Can you "dd" an image of the drive in linux?