1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

In all seriousness, I think SC will be one of those games that's 'in development' indefinitely. However good it becomes and however much content is actually present, Roberts and Co will always have one more thing (or six more things) that they intend to put in next.

2. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The interesting thing is they're saying they basically know what they need to do now, its just a case of putting in the hours and doing it.
    There will be bugs and complications, there always is, but i think its reassuring that they're not working day to day or with thinking 3mo ahead, they've got it all planned and it means they shouldnt have to go back to something, like ship designs because they realise they need to have a uniform cargo unit, for example.

At lot will be created procedurally, a bit like using lego blocks to build a shop, if all the pretty blocks are already built then you can throw different designs together much quicker than designing 20 unique versions.
    Bars, repair bays, gun shops, clothe stores etc 4 stores created, but its assets are used in a ton of similar stores or chains on other planets.

Once they've got the ability to put together a 2nd, 3rd, 4th Dumpers Depot, and just change things a little to give them unique characters. You can fill the game with that sort of thing very quickly. Same with customs, landing zones. I guess they'll have variants a bit like a Hornet. They dont build 4 hornets, they build 1 base versions (ie Arc Corp) and then build variants from there, to suit the theme they'll be in.

It'll take years, but i think the first bar, the first shop, first landing area etc all of these are the big time draws, building the 2nd bar will be considerably easy.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

From RtV
    Goal is to get Carrack in hangar by the end of the year.

That will make me happy! :)

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Central Bay L
    Constellation Phoenix

Left Side Bay M
    Cutlass Blue

Right Side Bay SSS
    Avenger
    F7C-M Super Hornet
    Gladiator

Left Outer Bay SSS
    M50
    Mustang Beta
    Mustang Delta

My Right Outer Bay is empty, which means I can fit another three smalls, one medium or one large in addition to my current eight. However, I do think there's masses of wasted space. Two Cutlasses could easily fit in a single bay.
    Ships not in my hangar? Retaliator, 890J.

I could cope with a limit of five being visible, because you can't fly that many at once. I think CIG should have ship elevators for those ships that aren't out on display. Want your Hornet out of storage? Press some buttons and a lift rises out of the floor with it on, and takes away the Avenger that was there.

I'm also still hoping we can share ships in the org.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Also, can I remind people to use the Fleet Roster? It's in my sig.

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I joined the group last week(ish) and have added myself to the roster.
    Cant guarantee how much time I will be able to be online but would love to muck around with you guys.

In my hanger (as it stands) are:
    • Mustang Delta
    • Avenger
    • F7C-M Super Hornet
    • 315P

Would love to add a Carrack or a Reclaimer...

Last edited: 30 Jan 2015
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Updated with my ship too [NinjaBrick]

Yes a whole 1 ship -

AMD Skinned Mustang Omega

8. Moppi

Moppi Minimodder

i dont know if i should get a catapillar or not atm... may get a herald really dont know.....

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That's between you and your bank manager. They've been added to the "Pre-VAT" sale until Sunday. :thumb:

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

As a fleet we only have one Carrack (well, that we know of) and zero Reclaimers :(

11. MadGinga

By bank manager you mean wife, right?

At ~£210-£230 (€280/$350) they ain't cheap, and I think I'd be living in the shed for a while if I bought one (and its rather cold at the moment) :(

12. MadGinga

Question, why does a ship that is designed for exploration (the Carrack) have 0 freight units? I would've thought that if you're exploring you'd want somewhere to put what you find!

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The Carrack will eventually have 3 swappable "modules" (Think Thunderbird 2), each of which can be freight holds, research labs, etc.

Also - The final Town Hall Panel:-

Last edited: 30 Jan 2015
  14. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

;)

I've added my hangar, i consider BitSec my 2nd home, and my primary org is only 6-7ppl of which half that are actively following SC, we've got a MAX, Red, Andro, Starfarer, Carrack and Reclaimer.
    You'll be able to fit our active crew into 1-2 of them, so i can imagine it wont be an issue.
    Plus, give us a month of PU access and im sure we'd have duplicates of many ships, incl ones we'd start with 0 of.

I think the main concern would be how that side of things would be dealt with. If someone borrows my reclaimer, goes off and does a load of scrap, then logs out. Can i access my ship, or do i have to go find it and get in?

Theres a few other things like if i recover my ship and its got a hold half-full of scrap, who owns it? cos i't be unfair for me to own it and the people who did the work get nothing.

The distribution of payment is a similar matter. I suspect it gets messy, dealing with things like 10 ppl being involved in 1 mission/job, only 3 being around when it gets paid. Even if its simply going out and mining minerals in an Orion, you've all contributed in some way. Is it upto the captain w/e to distribute it and remember to pay ppl their share when they're next online? (i guess they can send payments to someone offline).

15. MadGinga

That sounds pretty awesome :)

Thunderbird 2 was always my favourite!

Edit: Might have been slow to the party but only just found the wiki; time for some reading me thinks!!!

16. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Heres the Final Final part ;)

17. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

For the Carrack, theres pretty good pictures to show you what IanW was mentioning:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can get a decent idea on the modules, looks like they could easily be traded out for probes, different sensor suites etc, and them packages into those little pods.

Theres a few pictures on his website which havent been used by CIG for some reason, and they look stunning too. http://gurmukhbhasin.com/star-citizen
    [​IMG]

18. MadGinga

Makes me want one even more! :(

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I like the Carrack, but it can wait to be bought in game. The only change to my ships I might make is exchanging the 890J for the new corvette, whenever that emerges.

20. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race