1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

id join but i dont have a ship :(

2. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

This

:naughty:
    :D

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It costs £37.80 (or €43.20 which works out as £30.90) for a starter pack (choice of Aurora or Mustang) :thumb:

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I did that and went for the Mustang.. You can do a free swap to the Aurora later if you so wished! Plus, it's great to fly about in the 'stang :D

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The good news is that you don't NEED to spend another penny on the game (if you're willing to wait for the Beta release).
    The bad news is that you may want an access pass for the FPS module which is coming next (in a couple weeks, we hope!). If you do, it'll be $5/£4.20.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Hmm, I wonder if the bundle I have includes the FPS module pass... I don't think it does, but it's hard to justify the outlay to poke around part of a game my pc isn't up to running properly...

7. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The only people with the FPS access (all alpha modules) will be the first 400,000 backers, which ended around this time last year. Since then it requires a pass for the modules if you want them.

The new trailer hasnt been posted?

Starts of as a rehash of footage and picks up at about 1m30 & 2m30.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm not sure if I have it now as I melted my stuff to grab the extebded insurance a while back. Do you think if I messaged the customer service they'd give it to me?

9. RedFlames

Might pick it up, if only to see if my pc can handle it better than the space bits...

10. RedFlames

11. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

I'd give it a try, if you're citizen ID is under 400k then there really shouldnt be much of an argument for them, and i'd go out of my way to highlight your CitID as well. You're CitID plus purchase history should be enough, and also remind them they've been saying they'd let us move the alpha pass for about 9 months now too.

Is the only thing giving you AC access an Mustang Omega, cos if you dont have one then maybe it is locked?

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Comm-Link Schedule (Note the item I highlighted in RED :thumb:):-

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Oh stop it, I wish some ships would remain limited and not constantly back on sale!

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

As I understand policy, each ship (except the Mustang, because we asked them not to) will be sold 3 times:-

1. Concept
    2. Hangar-ready
    3. Flight-ready

The 'Tali is at #2.

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I just bought the AC pass when I rebought it all as it worked out the same but I don't want to screw me out of FPS module as I'm really looking forward to that!

Edit: I just messaged them, I'll let you guys know how it pans out :)

Last edited: 17 Mar 2015
  16. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yep, but that policy actually came in later. Originally (I'm talking back when all ships were available during the Kickstarter period) it was stated that there would be the standard ships that can be purchased any time (300i, Hornet etc) and then limited ships that would be on sale once only, ever. The Retaliator was one of these, ditto the Gladiator.

Of course, CIG get less money by doing this, so they invented the three sales...thing. My problem with this is that it removes any real exclusivity on a ship unless it is one of the few that are number limited. As all ships will be purchasable in game it's a very small thing, but it would be nice to know that anybody flying a Retaliator on day one was a very early backer.

17. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Star Citizen doesn't exist in isolation. There's a whole real-world economy to consider, and when the game was announced we were still recovering from the worst recession since WWII. Not everyone with a deep fire in their belly for space pew pew could afford to invest on day one. I'm guessing your argument presupposes that citizen numbers have an inverse correlation to intensity of enthusiasm for the game, but there are other factors to consider.

18. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

No, you're assuming too much there. It's simply a background annoyance that ships billed as "limited and never returning for sale" keep on doing so because CIG changed their mind.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

It's CIGs game all these ships will be avail in game what did does it make if they are resold now. It's easy funds for cig if people are willing to buy.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I came in too late for a lot of the earlier ships, so the "3 sales" thing works for me.