1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Star Wars: The Force Unleashed trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 13 Jul 2007.

1. Steven Tarise

Steven Tarise What's a Dremel?

But, I thought one of the major points of the Sith is that there are only ever an apprentice and a master. How are there now 3? and how is he so powerful, yet never mentioned or noticed? Much as I love Jedi, theres every chance I'll be giving this one a miss.

2. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Since when did the Sith/Empire start killing their own Stormtroopers... I agree with the whole comment by Steven Taise as well.

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

maybe the apprentice rebels......

4. Goty

Goty Minimodder

If they can make the gameplay and the saber combat HALF as good as that in Jedi Knight II, I'm already sold.

5. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Fortunately, I don't care whether it fits in with the Star Wars backstory at all, so I can just enjoy the game when it comes out. :D Or at least I would, if LucasArts had bothered to put it on PC as well.

No good dirty rotten console exclusives… :miffed:

6. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Euphoria is the name of the AI (and possibly related) systems, not the name of the game engine itself.

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

wow that looks pretty damn good, but i wonder if its been buffed a bit for the video

8. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

Looking pretty good. Throwing things round and slamming people into things is always going to be fun, if they can combine that with some fluid lightsabre controls, it could be really interesting.
    As for the story, i don't mind that this guy wasn't mentioned in the books/films, if its a good story and done well, then who cares?

Saw a cool concept picture on the production video, with Tonfa-style Light Sabres, very smart indeed.

This could the game to spur me into buying a next gen (unless it comes out on PC ofc)

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Honestly, this is EXACTLY what I want in a SW game. Realistic Lightsaber battles where you ACTUALLY take off limbs or maybe a head or two...hmmmm who would've thought of that? I mean of course the Stormtroopers are gonna beg for their lives, I mean c'mon wouldn't you if you were dangling 100's of feet in the air and have no control of your body... I mean c'mon guys...grow up and accept some adult-themed games once in-a-while.....I don't want to sound harsh, but there needs to be violence atleast once in my lifetime in a SW game and this one should be up to par AND with a decent storyline/graphics, and it's not like there aren't any worse games out: GTAIV & Manhunt just to name a few

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse What's a Dremel?

Well it says the game is set between episode 3 and 4. Which means that the "storm troopers" are actually not under Sith control. they are the clone army that fought for Yoda and the gang at the end of episode 3.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

By the time Anakin becomes Darth Vader the clone troopers are already under Palpatine's control, therefore it doesn't make sense >.>

12. MRMOBEUS.

MRMOBEUS. Voided Rev-Hoe-lutionary

i heartily agree! once anakin turns, palpatine executes "order 66" and the clones are then under sith control!
    looks like an awesome game but i'm still a bit puzzled at the whole storyline/plot

so ive been researching and have tried to pry as much info as i can just from the vidz.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCBhR8j92ms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGuPWlfowWE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbG-1aaH_bs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCt78HRw7s0

hope this kinda helps! if i find out more i will post it!
    Still doesn't make sence that a secret apprentice has never been mentioned before now?!

13. xion

xion Minimodder

storyline continuity has never been top priority for media crossover games (goovies <-> mames) and tbh, really couldn't care less, some concepts just don't translate too well, and if tried normally ends up sticking so close to the back story that linear on-rails game play results. The engine or at least the tech demo's look to have legs and could run for a couple of years worth of titles, not just SW, though I'd love there to be a decent SW game, and this looks like it may fir the bill... I'll reserve judgement 'till PC (could be waiting a while!)

14. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

About the whole "why is he killing stormtroopers" thing, here is how a mate explained it...

He's Darth's "secret" apprentice. The LucasArts guy said that since the Empire declared all jedi to be enemies, the Stomrtroopers don't know that the apprentice is on their side, but only that he qualifies as a "jedi" and is to be killed on sight. According to an interview (it's on IGN I think) no one, except Vader of course, knows who the guy is anyway.

15. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Thanks fivecheebs, makes more sense now.

Tags: Add Tags