1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticking crap on my car!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GavX, 3 Mar 2010.

1. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

That's not a pie, it's cake.

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

It's a PI!

3. mvagusta

It looks like a cake to me.

4. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

check em out!
    [​IMG]
    How could I NOT see these? In the rain, when its still fairly dark...

I see we have drifted a touch.. oh well

5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Those are laughable.

6. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

But I mean, clearly those look official and are easily spot-able yes? Not that someone got some yellow chalk and though "lets be annoying!"

7. mvagusta

In the dark? And in the rain? Was there also a hurricane or a swarm of locusts you forgot to mention?

And weren't they freshly painted lines, not thin chalked lines?

A few inconsistencies in your story :eyebrow:

Not to mention that regardless of the yellow lines, parking on top on kerbs is usually frowned upon :hehe:

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i like to drive my monster truck and park on top of other cars. good luck giving me a ticket, im behind 7 foot tires!

9. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

Hardly think 8 in the morning with a drizzle of rain on the roads is the stuff of biblical terms, but that is infact paint believe it or not. Not sure how things are down under but locust and hurricanes dont really follow dawn and a light drizzle here...
    Reason for me being a bit hacked off is they LOOK like chalk, not the standard 3" double yellows you see everywhere else, and when I am in my morning state these are pretty hard to see...

10. mvagusta

Ok, so it was early morning, a little dark, a touch of rain, and chalk thin lines - all points which were missing in the op but lets ignore that for a moment.

Generally speaking, kerbs and nature strips don't need 3 inch thick highly reflective lines painted on them.

I'd like to see a pic of the whole parking space, as it looks like that a car cannot fit there without being parked over the kerb and on top of the nature strip.

11. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

Ask, and ye shall receive, will take a snap when im outside today. As the end of the day does it matter if I state the exact condiditons in the first post? The whole point of this thread was
    a. they stuck crap on my car which proved a hazard to drive with and a nightmare to remove
    b. can they just do half arsed yellow lines and count them as "official" when they look like the above?

12. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

Council van, but they are allowed on yellows apparently, even though the yellows are there for "emergency vehical access"
    [​IMG]

Spot the yellow
    [​IMG]

Lets play spot the space!
    [​IMG]

But yes, car parks a shamble, and the unclear double yellows don't add to the joy, had to mount the grass to get out because of some rather poor parking skills

Eitherway, not enough parking for the volume of cars which equals fun mornings :(
    Back to the point though as the above is completely irrelivant, they stuck crap on my car! :(

13. kovacs

kovacs What's a Dremel?

There are regulations for yellow lines and they fall way outside of those regulations