1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Strange IE errors since installing Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by Froggy, 15 Jul 2005.

1. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

:duh: the hole point of alpha transparency is that you can see though it. and not the re-tared way IE handles it. Huge pain in making a web site, if one of the main browsers dose not support a feature that makes web pages much more dynamic.

now ofcores there is a way round it, but its much more hassle and dose not validate very easily (and means that 10% of people that use you site it, it will not work properly), that's another thing i hope IE7 actually supports the web standards instead of going there own way (best way to piss developers off).

:eyebrow:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
  2. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ah OK thanks for clearing it up. I thought the IE images looked better. I also get the white background when i open it up on my computer so i didnt think it was a IE thing.

3. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

:)

4. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

well, I made it not compatable with ie by using "valid xhtml", because I know it wouldn't work :rolleyes: but of course, who want want a standards compliant browser?

also, that's a demonstration of "alpha transparency", which of course has 1 purpose, to not look good in ie, and not at all to enhance webdesign by being good, high quality, and having full support for alpha transparency

sarcasm aside, shut up about stuff you obviously have no idea what you're talking about

edit: just read the above posts, because I'm pissed off about people that so ********ing stubborn that they won't even listen to the facts, as proven by screenshot

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
  5. mcshaggy

mcshaggy What's a Dremel?

this thread is actually pretty funnythe notion that ie is faster than ff is laughable :p
    youve obviously got something screwed up on your computer, and it shouldnt have anything to do with FF. heck, you even scanned and found viruses, so dont blame FF for your slowdown

6. Lol, good to see the FireFox squad going strong, FF pwns j000 f00lz!!!

7. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

Bruno, your an idoit.

The point of this topic was that something had messed up since a FF installation.

in your zealotist ways, you were so busy defending what was clearly true, firefox caused his computer to have a problem, you couldn't see the wood through the trees (that it wasn't FF's fault).

So by going off because you've got this bug up your ass, you've not helped solve the problem, or converted another user to your side.

Just go and hang your head in shame.

8. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

well, the way I saw it, nobody can convert him, because his "bad experience with firefox :'("

maybe you could've seen that the problem wasn't with firefox, becase the some really large amount of people that use firefox are not having that problem

so unless he has some extremely bizzare hardware setup, or windows is just sucking more than usual, I don't see how it could be firefox's fault.

I don't know what the problem is, but I know what it's not

9. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

Firefox 1.1 fixes the memory leak issues :D
    should be out in a few weeks and the 2nd alpha is available if you want to try that, but there are a number of extensions that dont work with it
    probably doesnt bother you if you're used to ie + google toolbar though :)

10. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ok ill give it a shot when it comes out, as I'm a fair person like that. FF has never run right on any computer Ive tried it on. In fact it took 20 minutes to try and install FF on this computer because i did not want to install to C:\. As we speak, Ive been trying to download the flash plug in for FF and i have not been able to use it as its been downloading for the past 2 days. :wallbash: . The download manager can be disabled right? I find it annoying. Oh yea am i affected by that greecemonkey bug? Ive been afraid to even attempt to surf with FF ever since i heard about it.

TheAnimus, Thanks for helping. I'm yet to see that error message (or any other one) come back since posting this thread. Hopefully it will stay that way till i format.

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

only if you have greasemonkey installed..
    you can install extensions to change the way the download manager works
    my personal favourite is download status bar
    downloads appear in a toolbar at the bottom
    flash plugin works fine for FF, its worked with the auto installer thing for me and before that was around i used the standalone which should still be available