1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbowl

Discussion in 'General' started by Dad, 7 Jan 2005.

1. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

41-20 Pats.

Warrick said it best in CSI. When you got two good teams going at it. Go with the better Quarterback. He was going against a very good QB. However the Rookie QB on Steelers is nothing to sneeze at. It was a good game. 1 minute left...

/Edit:

41-27

Superbowl: N.E. Patriots -v.s.- Philidelphia Eagles

Bill Bellecheck has now tied Lambardi(sp?) for most post season wins. :clap:

Called it :D Not exact on the winnings but overall I think I did well I think N.E. will take it again.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2005
  2. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

SUPERBOWL!!! yay...
    in case you've been living in a cave, heres a recap of the day:
    Patriots - Steelers: 40-27 Pats
    Eagles - Falcons: 27-10 Eagles

Suberbowl:
    Patriots-Eagles

3. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Well Dad, it looks like the Steelers from last week showed up again, but this time they were unlucky enough to be facing the Patriots instead of the Jets again.

Roethlisberger definitely gave the game to the Pats this time, especially with that second INT that got ran back 87 yards. That had to hurt. Not to mention Staley and Bettis didn't really produce. Granted, Dillon didn't either, but he at least got one TD (I didn't actually see the last Pittsburgh TD, so I could be wrong on that one).

The defense sure didn't look like one of the best in the NFL. You can't really claim that and give up 41 points in the game that'll get you to the Super Bowl. During the regular season, maybe (Atlanta also had one of the best defenses, and Kansas City ran all over then 56-10), but not during the 2nd most important game of the year (well, I suppose that'd be most important for Pittsburgh and second most for New England).

While it may seem like the refs had it in for the Steelers, trust me, they didn't. Those reviews that went against you were legit, although I have to admit I'm a little bit fuzzy on how the hell you can have possession of a pass while still having it touch the ground.

Well, the Super Bowl should be interesting.

4. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

go cowboys!!!!!!!!!1 :worried: ok, well go pats, i dont liek eagles. and im glad pats won vs steelers. bad thing is, eagles will probobly hae to back. and dude with the dad as medic, ur lucky for going to superbowl, we looked at tickets, and they were liiek $3k!!!!!!! each.

5. wingnut

wingnut Minimodder

Bummer

:waah: Sorry Dad i'm extremely dissapointed..not sure if I even want to watch the super bowl except for the commercials if they are even any good anymore.
    It's a bad day in black rock..(spelling screwed because i'm bummed)..it just gets better. Thought my bud Smoke was gonna have a heart attack on this one..we'll all recover tomorrow...Oh, and say a farewell to the greatest..JOHNNY CARSON..that made me cry. :waah:

Wingnut

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Sigh...I was really hoping to see the Steelers at the Superbowl this year. :sigh:

Oddly enough, I'll still be rooting for the Patriots. I don't like the Eagles. :grr:

7. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

8. MikeTitan

That was the only game where I thought everything was in order for the Calls. Everything seems to be Right on, I watched the whole game and was shouting at the calls and then the refs reviewed them. Even for the steelers for 1 or 2 im not sure tho.

9. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

are u talking about the penlties and review calls?

10. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

they all seemed pretty much fair enough to me

theres a fine line between being in control and not when the ball hits the floor like that, due to the angles its quite possible that the player thought he was fully in control while rolling over as before he hit the ground he had the ball, and the same again when he bounced up, its probably why the pats player who got called incomplete jumped up and carried on. its not the kind of thing you do if you think you dropped a ball.

ah well, looking forward to two weeks time now :)

11. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

i think the calls were pretty good, and the refs obviously know the rules better than any of us. i really dont know what to think about the two catches/incompletions. they both looked pretty much the same to me, but one was kept and the other wasnt. the angles they showed on TV really werent good enough to make a conclusive decision. At that point in the game, they didnt reallly matter that much, though.

12. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

agreed, waiting for 2 weeks to watch superbowl on 70 inch hd tv Sony XBR :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

13. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I have to agree that the refs did call a good game - but I think that the 15-yard unsportsman like conduct call was WAY overblown. I don't think it should have been called at all. Hell, the dude at least tried to avoid the hit! That was the turning point in the game. If the Pats didn't get that call, the Pats would have had to have punted, but they got a TD on the next play. Up to that point, the Steelers were coming on strong in the 2nd half.

I've decided that I'm just going to ignore the loss. I figure that way I won't go crazy thinking and analyzing it in my head too much. I've taken NFL Radio and ESPN Radio off of my presets on my sat radio and I'm not visiting any football related web sites. The way I look at this is the following:

This is the 1st time in modern (since '65) NFL history that...
    1. an AFC team has gone 15-1 (16-2 including the post-season)
    2. the Steelers went 15-1 (16-2 including the post-season)
    3. any team has made it to the Championship with a rookie QB
    4. any rookie QB had a 16 game win streak
    5. any team has knocked off undefeated teams back-to-back (Pats week 8 & Eagles week 9)

Personally, I think that Rothlesberger's thumb was bothering a lot more than he or the team let on. I think that Cowher should have seen this in the 3rd Q and pulled Rothlesberger and put in Maddox. At least Maddox was healthy and has playoff experience.

EDIT::
    Oh, and WTF was Cowher thinking with that fieldgoal attempt on the damed Pats 2-yard line when you're down by 14 in the 4TH quarter!?!?!?!? YOU GO FOR THE DAMN TOUCHDOWN!!!! This damn team is going to be the death of me sometime...

Last edited: 24 Jan 2005
  14. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

the steelers did come back, but the pats knew they were going to win, so they let up a little

15. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

In all fairness, Dad makes some very valid points. And there IS always next year. *cough* when the pats win again.

16. MikeTitan

I agree, I think Cowher should of took more concern over that thumb. He was always fiddling with it throughout the whole game. I know that one of the Interceptions, the ball got away from him, and I'd bet dollars to dallas it was his thumb. Also, I think cowher made an ok decision, It was the sure thing, but not the right thing. He was very wary of the N.E. Defense, as he should of been, I saw some plays where both of the Steelers backs got stopped cold. I dunno I think Rothelsberger was the main factor in this game. I hate to crack on rookies, but damn thats a lot of pressure and being all those things you listed have to be eating away at the back of your mind during the game.

17. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

It was a horrible call. You're down by 2 touchdowns (14), kick a field goal and are STILL down by 2 touchdowns (11). At the very worst, NE would have stopped the drive, but they would have been stranded at the 1-yard line instead of getting a short field on the kickoff. What happened on that drive? NE kicked a fieldgoal and went back up by 14. That fieldgoal the Steelers kicked was completely worthless. However, if they went for it and got the TD, that could have been a serious turning point in the game as the crowd was back into the game, the players were getting psyched and the place was rockin. By kicking, it deflated the entire game. Bad, bad call..

18. MikeTitan

I think it was a sure thing, call. He wanted to get definite points. I guess he figure he could of got the ball back then scored a touch down, 2 point conversion, field goal. I think he just thought his defense would do better then it did..

19. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

I have lost all interest in football. There was a time that I would have sworn by the Cowboys (even when they were losing) and watched every game. Now I can't be bothered to turn on the tube. I would rather play on the computer, build a mod, play with the kids, take the family out, etc.

I may watch the commercials during the superbowl, but thats about it.

I think my interest died out when I found out that the cheapest tickets to a Denver football game cost $500. Too much money wasted on professional player salaries.

20. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

u were not a true fan with the cowboys, I'm a cowboys for life :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: