1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweet Microsoft (for once)!!! 56k beware, VIDEO ADDED :)

Discussion in 'General' started by voodoo2k4, 3 Apr 2005.

1. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder

Media centre via the new backlight remote officially rocks my world!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

The abilty to lie in bed playing games and then watch a film or 10 (who said pr0n?¬ :baby: ) and then switch the beast off so i can sleep all with the remote is awesome! Projector dwarfs my Iilyama 21inch!

[​IMG]

EDIT: Video aswell (.mov 36mb) :Clicky

Deano.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2005
  2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

MCE 05?

That looks *superb*. Hope you have a nice sound kit to complement it ;)

What's the setup - drivesplayback/tv recording etc? How much for the projector?
    What remote exactly - IR? Did you get the receiver with it or with the OS?

3. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:jawdrop: nice, i would love to have that in my room

4. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder

Audigy 2 churing out through Creative 5.1 5800's which Im very impressed with for the money. And if we have a house party (with winamp vizuals on the screen) then i switch to that big old badass pioneer hifi underneath, not got the clarity but god its loud!!!

I dont do TV or TV recording at the mo, saving up for a card to connect the digital too. But i have about a 600gig of films and tv series to watch plus 150 or so burned disks on the desk :) dvds are real nice to watch (normally watch AVI's)

Well seeing as i PURCHASED MCE FROM A COMPLETELY LEGAL SOURCE then that would be hard! But yes its the standard microsoft media remote its ok, bit dear £30 but its a useless bit of software without it IMHO.

get it off eBuyer...

Remote controls Media Player fully if you arent a MCE fanboy.

Deano.

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Apr 2005
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I wasnt implying you didnt buy it. I was just questioning which remote/receiver you got and with what. Sometimes you get one with the OS, sometimes with a TV card etc

6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Lmao, its alright for some:)

Damn dude, very nice indeed.

What projector you got?

- S

7. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

ooh, can I ask where you got that projector screen, i like the way it fits in, not like on of those standard ones that hook up on a pole :)

8. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I like where you have hung your screen ;) Very inventive.

9. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Yeah that's why i'm interested, looks nicely outta the way there

(btw, get yo ass on messenger lol)

10. nick[x1]

nick[x1] What's a Dremel?

Nice, your pj image looks nice and bright what projector you using?

11. planki

planki ...

damn! i have to agree with the other posts the quality of that projectors image are awesome.

12. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

i had mulled over the idea of picking up a copy of MCE 05. what is the benefit of it over XP home? I've already got a pair of hauppauge PVR-250s, only one of which is currently installed in my little HTPC. I know that going to MCE will open the option of using the other PVR cards, including the dual-tuner beast PVR-500. Other than that, what's the incentive?

13. quack

quack Minimodder

Can you show us a pic of the projector and the remote? That'd be great if you can!

14. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Before you go MCE2005 route look at www.gbpvr.com or www.http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/ these are free and will work with dual pvr250s in one pc.

15. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder

Thanks for the replies. That image is good and bright but you can do a lot better that is my Benq PB6100 awesome price performer. You can have one topo for only 531 quid on ebuyer these days!

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=60582

Compare that to a normal TV not even a plasma and tell me its bad value!

Ill post some more pics tommorow for u.

And the screen was off ebay, beware however that there are some dodgy ones on there. If ur UK PM me and ill give you the number of the person I got it off.

Deano.

16. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

gbpvr looks really impressive! Too bad I can't get the download link to work...

The other link isn't working from my office, so I'll have to wait till I get home.

17. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

awesome wich i could actually put that in my room ? but i can't coz i haven't got enough space, small apartment room :p

oh well .. i like how the red curtain behind makes it look like a home cinema haha

18. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I think I'm convinced that I need a shuttle for my up-and-coming projector room.

So you can install and play PC games with Windows MCE?

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Yes the Media Centre part is just an add on really.
    Underneath is still plain old XP, in fact in normal use you would just assume it was bog standard XP.

20. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

There was an issue with part of the last release when connecting to a mediamvp (http://www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm) so the author pulled it, but it should be up in a day or two. Failing that PM and ill msn you the file.