1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Texas shows 100k:1 contrast TV

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 10 Jan 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Those concept 360 projectors look cool. And those pocket sizes projectors are so small, Although I don't think I would have any use for one.

3. WarMachine

WarMachine American Swine

Me likey! :rock:

I'd FIND a use for those... making any big, white wall my TV/Monitor sounds like a job for a pocket-size projector.

4. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I would love to have one of those projectors, they cant be cheap though.

5. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

This certainly beats out that 3000:1 contrast ratio monitor that was shown the other day. Any decent pics of it though? Those little shots hardly do it justice.

6. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Wow, those TVs sound crazy, can't wait until they're out. Probably going to cost a ton though.

7. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Can I assume the use of leds would finally put an end to backlight issues with lcd panels?

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

damn!!!!! i want one of those pocket projectors!!!!! a wall + this + computer + speakers= big ass tv to watch movie with my friends at the uni!!!! :D

9. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

DAMN!!! if only i had somewhere to put use somthing like that. The only way i could fit one of those TVs in my room would require me to move it everytime i wanted to leave my room. And as for the projector i don't have an empty wall anywhere near that size let alone a white wall. *sigh*

10. Aphex_

Aphex_ What's a Dremel?

anyone remember brightside, you featured them a while back they did this way back, looks like TI has "stolen" the idea either that or bought brightside.

http://www.brightsidetech.com/

the projectors are wkd though, good to see led's making their way into more things, higher brightness, better efficiency, lower heat just a shame about the price eh!

11. EQC

EQC What's a Dremel?

Hey Aphex_:

Yah, I love the brightside stuff. The old bit article on it is still here for anybody who doesn't know about it.

I didn't realize that the pixels weren't all made simultaneously using a DLP...but I guess that makes sense what with the use of color wheels and all. Pretty clever application with the LED's. I wonder if it still falls under the Brightside patents since its not an LCD panel (although the concept is clearly very similar...).

Samsung also had a Brightide-based LCD on display at CES...caught a few mentions of it on gizmodo but not any great pictures.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well yeah, I think it says the black is actually black, as in no light, or very little at least.

Since it and that pocket projector use LEDs it should me the price shouldn't be too expensive, since LEDs are dirt cheap (blue ones not so much). Should also mean that replacement projector bulbs are alot cheaper and a lot less needed.

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I would definatley go for one of those projectors.. would be even better if they could fit in a couple of 5.1/2" drive bays ;)

14. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Pioneer announced they have redesigned their plasma technology from the ground up and are achieving similar levels of contrast. Screens are out in the US this summer.

Those projectors look great but i would assume the rear projection Tv's still have the off angle viewing problems?

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Prices on a 100k:1 contrast TV????

17. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

£5000+

Tags: Add Tags