1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division 2 [Open Beta Phase]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 6 Feb 2019.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Keys have gone out for the private beta of The Division 2 happening this weekend (09:00 Thursday 7th of February - 16:00 Monday 11th of February 2019):

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Pre-loading now

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

I'm in. Got through the first mission ok, but having some graphical glitches now. Can't adjust the settings either. It will let you select them and say it'll apply it when you next restart, but is then always on 'custom' when you restart.

Also getting thrown out a lot.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just copying across what I wrote up over on Overclockers:

Had an hour or so tonight and liking what I have been able to play so far.

Got 4-5 disconnects during the first proper mission though which was a little frustrating.

Performance seems ok in DX11 mode (70-90 FPS average with 8700k/1080Ti @ 1440p "Custom" settings (basically Ultra with one of the shadow settings turned down to high and everything else maxed out)). DX12 thoughs feels odd to me. I noted when doing a quick search that some people were suggesting G-sync isn't working when the game is set to DX12. This kind of makes sense based on what I was experiencing. The framerate was fine but the game felt, well, choppy.

Hopefully most of the issues that are impacting the ability to play the game and the overall performance optimisation will be sorted for launch.

Overall it feels just like a expansion / carry on from Div 1 which in my mind is absolutely fine. :)

5. The_Crapman

Skills are a bit awkward. I've chosen new ones to see what they're like: Simper Turret and Bombardier. The operation of them both is incredibly clunky and too player involved. With the sniper turret you have to select a target and then tell it when to shoot, so you might as well just have shot them in the first place. Bombardier is also very awkward to use, having to select a target an area 5 times before it'll go and bomb anything. i get they want it to have a carpet bombing type effect, but then just have a start and end point, not have to select each individual bombing spot.

Aaaand crafting now also costs money as well as materials. What was that Khabib?

Couldn't agree more.

Edit: Turns out bombardier does work as a 'click first point, choose direction, click again', but the controls are quite unresponsive at times. Sometimes i'll deploy it and it won't even give me the target icon, it just flies above me doing naff all.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2019
  6. wecrookie

wecrookie Member

I'm playing his on the XBone and whilst I enjoy it the audio problems [known issues] seem to becoming more prevalent. I played most of the Invaded mission without audio last night.I even restarted the Xbox because it persisted, hoping the patch would make a difference .
    Over all I am enjoying the game,yes controls aren't as smooth as they could be and I have found a few graphical errors.I like the fact you can give resources away to help improve the communities, in the Division 1 you just seem to hold on to these forever.
    Have yet to try out the Dark Zone, so that may be fun.

7. The_Crapman

One of the most annoying glitches I've had so far is that sometimes while in the inventory screen, my character will constantly do a quarter turn left then back again, along with accompanying foot movement sounds. I could cope withtbhe moving but the sound is really grinding.

8. rma

rma Member

Took me a few hours to get back into The Division but I ended up really enjoying it and just couldn't stop playing the beta - just one more nearby event!

Compared to the Anthem demo, the world in TD2 is nice and busy with lots of stuff happening to keep you occupied.
    I would fly around in Anthem desperate for something other than wildlife to shoot!

9. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

The open beta will be from Friday 1st of March to Monday 4th of March 2019.

10. The_Crapman

Anyone in the technical test?