The purple queen - UPDATE WITH LOADS MORE PICS!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ErisDS, 3 Sep 2004.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

We fitted braiding this evening, but erisDS is having connection issues in uni accomadation. She does intend to paint the psu black to match the interior of the case afaik.

2. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

nice looking project, thought i might take a look after hiren mentioned it earlier :)

as far as the cabling is concerned, braiding will sort most of it out, but that spare connector you wont ever need could easily be chopped off. cover the ends with heatshrink to prevent shorts, and tuck the leftover ends inside the psu ;) (i didnt bother cutting my excess wires down tbh, just tucked them inside, no problems as of yet)

you mentioned earlier that you don't have a dremel, but if you were to borrow one you might consider matching the temp sensors and mo lcd bays up with the other bay covers?

other than that (well, and the painting of the psu, which i agree would look better black than silver) this mod seems pretty much complete, and very well done :thumb:

oh, and you can't guess how jealous i am of the hardware in that badboy (badgirl?)! will you still run a public server when at uni? i might have to join for a game sometime :D

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

We did :thumb:

We've yet to completely finish the cabling, but erisDS or myself will post an update when we do :thumb:

4. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

ah, great minds eh?

//strokes imaginary beard thoughtfully

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Great minds from north wales! :thumb:

6. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

I've got a suggestion for the PSU, you could always replace the cover with a plexi one, and paint the inside of the cover the same as the case. That way it would match the case, and look cool as well :)

7. ErisDS

ErisDS What's a Dremel?

I have got to finish that cable braiding.. just so fiddly lol,

I voided my first warantee by chopping off those extra cables, and also the extra sata power cable :eeek:

I will be painting my psu black, i have a plan to paint a design onto it in uv paint and light it.. not sure what yet.

Also i have to stealth the lcd and drives so they look the same as the rest of the front but i am getting there, i have all the bits and nuts i need now, thanks very much to H :D

Who also got hold of some uv blue molexes :D

Will post more pics when i can steal Xeno's cam again :p

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Any time.

9. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

hehe do i sence some arse kissing by H, well any way nice to see some action again on this mod, i want pictures, i dont care if your camera is crap i want to see how ur braiding went, also what molex tools did you use?

10. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

No, H is just a great guy :thumb:

11. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

true dat :)

i still owe him a beer for the cable braiding stuff he sent me about a year ago!

12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I fail to see how me stating an opinion after seeing this mod close up is "arse kissing"? Maybe it's because I sourced some parts for a fellow modder? I've done that numourous times regardless of whether they were male or female (ask Tad / Xeno / MrDT if you want). In future if you want to make personal comments like that I'd appricate it if you directed them straight to me via pm or e-mail instead of spamming someones project log.

Mods: Sorry for the off topic post.

Erids - Good to see your making use of the bits. Did the nut fit properly and are the molex connectors the right colour? If not I can try and get some more nuts.

MrDT - Damn right you do 27th November is when I expect payment :D
    //strokes real beard thoughtfully

13. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Here's 2 shots from after we sorted the cabling out and finished the braiding:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]