Windows The Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Software' started by impar, 30 Sep 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Another grumpy old git.

As I have said I have mounted it to the USB which is H and this is what I put in CMD dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:H:\sources\install.esd /index:1 and got the above error. But I will just take your word and install this and hope for the best.

2. pilsner72

pilsner72 Ive got soul but im not a solderer

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    I have seen this in my Event Viewer followed a solution on answers.microsoft, just wondered if this is important, my system seems to work fine. I deleted the original post due to not being relevant to the point.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2018
  3. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Well that Win 10 Pro update really f*cked things up.
    Killed my AV.
    Reset my Start panel so the only apps left on it where 2 I didn't want.
    Re-installed all the M$ bloatware that I had already uninstalled the last time it was forced back on me.
    It also added fluff that on a desktop PC I simply don't need.
    So, instead of spending a few precious hours free of the kids updating my finances, I have to sort this clusterf*ck out.

Please tell me that I can switch to Unbuntu and still play all my Steam games?

Edit: It has also added a (1) bracket to a few of my apps in the start menu.
    2nd Edit: Seems many of my programs cannot be found. Think it is those that were installed on a second SSD.
    3rd Edit: OK so I was able to roll back to the previous version of Win 10 and everything seems back to normal.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2018