1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Tinder confusion.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 16 May 2015.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I thought Tinder was riddled with fake accounts, no?

2. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

So I've never used any online dating before using tinder on like Wednesday. I'm not relying on it it's just a lot of people at uni go home for the summer and I'm going to be doing a lot of hours at work so it is, like people have said, good for networking and expanding your horizon.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

If you can't be a normal, nice person, in a normal, nice discussion, don't comment, end of story.

Aside from that, I've used Tinder a bunch of times, with varying degrees of success. Its about as good as other internet dating services. A lot of girls won't say much, and whoever said you have to make an impact is right. They get hundreds of boys a day sending them 'hey there, you are hot' messages every day. I usually open with "Hey xxxxx, I see we've been matched on Tinder - where shall I book for the wedding?"...... and then give them two options - both being really dire. Its cheeky, fun and gives them an easy way into the conversation. If you are in London, then probably don't use that line though - they might have already heard it from me! :thumb:

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry is that the best you can do? Though I suspect it is no better or worse than my chat up lines of many years ago.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

The way I see it, looking for a date or partner on an online dating agency is no different to looking for a job using an online recruitment agency. Sure, in the old days things were different but if things didn't change, we'd still be eating beef dripping. :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it sounds like a laugh and expanding your choices can't be a bad thing.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

God that brings back tasty memories.

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Just to be clear - that was NOT a euphemism. :worried:

:D

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I know exactly what beef dripping is. On bread with a spreading of Marmite. Absolute heaven.

9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

That is exactly it - it isn't like people aren't connecting in person and doing it all behind their computers as some people seem to be insinuating, it's just a way of casting the net that little bit further.

It's a fickle world though which has a completely different dynamic to the conventional way and also attracts a certain type of crowd (including the validation posse as Nexxo said). Same as anything else - if what you are doing doesn't yield results you need to change it up. Just think of something highly amusing, cheeky and slightly forward and while the iron is hot try and arrange something.

That all being said I have far more success in person so I'm not exactly someone to advise.

10. Boscoe

No idea what beef dripping is. Don't what to know either!

11. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Delicious is what it is.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

HA!

Is it fair to say you might be out of touch with what it takes to pull ladies in 2015?

13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, I suspected you would. It was a joke... :)

14. wst

wst Minimodder

Too bloody right. I met my Ms. on okcupid and we have left our profiles up (doing the ol' ethical non-monogamy hippy thing) and sometimes we look at what's going on with each other's profiles...

Mine: 17 likes, 4 views per week!

Hers: 1154 likes, 30+ views per day.

Her profile doesn't even have pictures of her boobs. It's... well... :jawdrop:

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Hmmm maybe they're picking up on the fact you're just wanting to get some 'action' ?

Or maybe... rather than trying to be intelligent or the other you should just be yourself ?

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Maybe he meant action on the dating scene?

I dunno, that's just how I read it but maybe I'm naive. :blush:

17. Boscoe

Well since I started this thread I got a few more matches one is very chatty a interested in some fun! We'll see how badly it goes :) I'm quite interested in the use of the term 'fun', it's quite ambiguous. I happy whatever it means.

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

19. Ljs

Ljs Modder

20. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Haha ta - I just figured it was relevant (and it's funny)