1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Titanfall

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Weekly_Estimate, 16 Nov 2013.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

BF4 is still good fun, yes there are bugs still, but for me it's certainly playable. I'm just echoing what others are saying in these days of AAA titles, it shouldn't look and feel like it was made 5 years ago on an old engine.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the extra tenner was often tossed on because of publishers using steam to release their games, so they passed valves markup onto the gamers instead of absorbing it into the cost.

now its just seen as a money fleece, heaven forbid the anarchy of someone like sony or MS going digitial only, everything would be stupidly expensive.

it doesnt help that stupid *******s are actually paying these prices essentially telling them its ok to do this.

i wont touch anything over £30 new.

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm with you Gunsmith. Even Skyrim was under £30 when it was first released for a boxed copy. I don't really buy any AAA games nowadays unless they're seriously discounted.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

This is where some online key sellers are cutting the cost of buying direct. Yes this limits refund, but who gets a digital refund nowadays anyway.

I fancy Titanfall but can wait till the price is lower.

Fun for awhile but not going to replace other titles for me.

The Mothership

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The old proxy might come into play if i want to buy this game,

only managed to play a small amount but seemed good

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I won't be buying this at launch prices. I see it as the same thing: fun for awhile, but not replacing anything. Doesn't look like anything that'll really be worth sinking 100+ hours in.

8. rma

rma Minimodder

9. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

It's funny, after sinking more time into the game, I'm beginning to feel much more like Bit did in their preview. The gameplay is loads of fun, but I'm a little bored of it. It's not because the Beta has limited maps, weapons and titans (although I can't ignore how that could well be a factor) but because I just don't feel like I make a difference.

It's the same problem in Battlefield and CoD, I just feel as if I've been chucked in with my only purpose being to kill dudes. Despite there obviously being tactics (all mp games have them after all), it just doesn't feel like my input matters.

In counter strike or even a console game like Halo, map control is vitally important, and every thing you do makes a difference, even at a low level. Now I'm sure map control is also important in Titanfall, but it doesn't feel like what I'm doing is affecting the rest if the game, whether I'm doing really well or really poorly. As such, it just doesn't feel as if I accomplish anything if I win, and if winning becomes dull, then the game just becomes boring. I may try out the full release if a load of friends get in on the scene, but otherwise I'll just be waiting for the discounted version.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Nice will keep a eye on that for when I get paid.

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

12. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Not my best round but not a bad way to finish off the beta (it's still running but I'm off out now :))

[​IMG]
    (Click for bigger if you can't read)

13. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Game is fun. Not sure if it's a buy yet. I don't want to sound reductive, but it does feel like COD with mechs and jump packs. Which does sound awesome, yes.

I just feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer, and I've only played like 10 matches.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Played a few rounds before the beta ends, game is not worth the 35+ price tag- if it was 20-25 then it would be worth picking up but as others have said their doesnt seem to be much to keep playing for long.

15. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

My adjustment from years of BF and years of not playing other FPS games was pretty shocking. Trying to burst fire and like, compensate for recoil are sure to get you killed. Figured this out when I pretty much lasered someone on full auto with the basic AR from about 200 yards.

16. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Played two rounds, and found it novel to kill after BF4. It's a nice game to practice situational awareness and point to point aim, will be getting just a practice tool. Also why even bother with the smart pistol when you could be using the auto .45 pistol?

17. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I'm undecided on this game. By far the best bit is the wallrunning/jetpack stuff, it's a heck of a lot of fun (and what Brink should have been like, *sigh*).

My issue with the game is that I don't feel like there is a lot of skill really required to play. This is highlighted when you run in to a room full of bots (who all enjoy clumping together close enough for a grenade to land you at least a triple kill), where I was able to quite easily melee them all to death, face on, without issue. I can semi understand that the game is only 6 v 6 because otherwise there could potentially be too many mechs running around on the map at the same time, but that is the only reason i can think for it. I'd rather the maps be smaller and have 6 v 6 without AI, or the maps be larger (with a decent way of infantry getting around the map with a decent speed) and have more players.

This is a real sticking point for me; if I wanted to spend all my time mowing down AI I'd just play Killing floor.

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not so sure i will be buying this either, i am enjoying the Beta but the game is limited, maybe i am expecting too much, from playing BF i think i am expecting buildings to collapse or a repair tool to the head

I will wait until full release and see what the other maps and weapons have to offer

19. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

I'm with Mr Happy on this one.

It's enjoyable enough, but it lacks greatness.
    The running, jumping, parkour jetpack stuff is great. It really opens up the entire map and allows for some wonderful face kicking moments :)
    Get in a Titan and all the freedom vanishes. Here's 3 paths through the map, go trudge down one of them. As others have said, it's a walking destruction machine that can't get past knee high walls....
    They also felt woefully disposable to me. Failed in a mech?? Wait two minutes, get another.

I do like the way your head spins round to look at your killer when you get your neck snapped though :D

20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Its a good game, it will hinge on how good the Co-op campaign is as to whether I buy it.