1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays TN+Film or IPS?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boiled_elephant, 15 Oct 2009.

1. Surnia

Surnia What's a Dremel?

vreel works quite nicely at full 1080p.
    Tron Legacy, 1920x800
    Despicable Me, 1920x1080

I do know you got the monitor already, but after getting the Dell SP2309W (TN film) and comparing it to an old IPS/VA panel (no idea what it actually is), the first thing I noticed was viewing angle. Aside from that, TN or IPS/VA look about the same... However, that could also be my inability to tune the colours properly.

It could also relate to the fact that I run all my monitors as low as possible in brightness to conserve my eyeballs (The dell gets REALLY bright....), and that they consume slightly less power.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Do you need DivX player for that? I don't really feel like installing it and the video won't load. :eyebrow:

3. Surnia

Surnia What's a Dremel?

yes you do, but there's not much issue with the DivX player...

i believe VReel is essentially taking off where Stage6 left off. Server's a little more unstable than Stage6, but full HD content looks absolutely great.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

...it's like this screen is having sex with my eyes. I think I'm in heaven.

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

eBuyer are awesome. I've never had any problems with getting their service to see the light and either rma or give me a replacement. Easily on par with amazon as far as service goes.