1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRIBALOVERKILL's Project: "Blackout"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 16 Aug 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00b

n00b What's a Dremel?

WOW!!!

You have nipple rings.

2. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

This is my favourite mod of this moment. You combine great innovative ideas with a beautiful design and you do it all by hand.

3. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

great case
    great workmanship and a very enjoyable project log!

what more can i say than keep up the good work!!

4. Liquid Steele

Liquid Steele What's a Dremel?

SPONGE BOB =-)

Very impressive work the attention to detail is what makes your work pop the next case you build should have a Sesame Seed finish, steel belted pickels, Grilled leather interior and a turbo charged deepfryer with dual overhead grease traps. :D :D

Very nice tips and tricks on making jigs for metal working and design they are worthy of stealing and incorporating into my own process. :rock: :rock:

5. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Damn,.... I am blushing,.... lordy. To many compliments all at once! LOL. Thanks for the compliments guyz!!! You all deserve an update! WHA HOOO!

Update,............................... again. Check it out.

First,....BAAM! Instant,... new reservoir bracket! I didnt take pics of my doing it because after reading this entire log you should all know by know how I did do it. CHECK IT OUT!
    [​IMG]

What a pain it was polishing this thing. It was bending all over the place. Anyways,... I can see myself in it so I aint complaining.
    [​IMG]

Now,... originally it was that plain flat arm. I knew there was something that needed to be done at the time I finished making it intially but I was sure. I didnt wan tot cut anything out of it because it would weaken it. I decided that was a crock and start thinking. I wsa going to to cut out 4 total grooves but I didnt because it would look just like the clamp itself. I needed something different that would separate the arm from the clamp,......... so I only made two grooves, lol. Moving on. It looks sweet though right? Kinda like it was meant to look like that. Crappy pic though,... it's all dirty from touching it. Anyways.
    [​IMG]

Installed. HOT! I love it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Friggin sweet! Gawd.
    [​IMG]

Ok,... so now thats done its time for the nner shields. This is my goal, as you already know.
    [​IMG]

Because the size of this piece doesnt have to be all that precise,... I'm just going to use the model to sketch out all the pieces on the aluminum I will cut.
    [​IMG]

Using my trusty scroll saw,... I cut right up on the line,.... which was actually something I didnt want do but at the same time I did. Heres why,... cutting right up on the line will save time when filing but when it comes time to sandwich them all together to be filed, what a pain! I couldnt line them up right because I was afraid one would be off and once done filing I would find a flat spot on one of the pieces because it never met the file. Tip,... cut close to the line but give yourself enough slack so you can sandwich them together reall quick without having to wrry about one being off.
    [​IMG]

Here are the pieces already sandwiched and I just got done filing the flat sides of the pieces. I'm checking to make sure I filed fairly straight, which I did,... of coarse >-|.
    [​IMG]

Heres all four pieces filed to their general shape.
    [​IMG]

Here I removed the bolts, and cleaned them up with a air grinder. This time I will draw on each piece and cut and file one at a time seeing its faster that way. Here kinda like what they will look like when bolted to the pumps. Except these pieces will be rounded, bent over a pipe. That goign to to be a pain! I see it now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I quit a bit earlier then usual so I can sleep. Seeing that I am goignto draw on all 4 pieces I know that if I did that now I wouldnt get to cut any of them. So I'll take them to work with me and draw on them when I am not busy. So when I get home I can start cutting and filing first thing. I cant wait to bend these and shine them up. It's goign to look sweet with the lit up UV green accent pieces! Can't wait! PEACE!

6. tribaloverkill

LOL! Yes,... I have nipple rings. I linger amounst the croud of cooler modders. LOL. I got my tongue, ear, brow, and lip pierced too. I'm modded.

7. tribaloverkill

A HA AH HA!!! Thats funny! I was trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about! I figured it out whe I got to the steel belted pickles, LOL. Overheard greese traps! I'm going to watch sponge bob now!

8. tribaloverkill

G69T is sick with those CNC's!!! Gawd if I could get my hands on those machines! I love DEFYANTS work!!! He is very creative. We think alike. I think I heard of the others and I might have saw their stuff but not sure. That only means I'll have to now:)

9. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

You sure need to my metal enforced friend :cooldude: .

10. MonkeySpank

MonkeySpank Banned

Loving the Mod!:)

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I just read through this topic and I still can't kinda understand what I just saw... It's 1AM in Finland, but I was totally hooked after first page :D U'r total perfectionist! That's good, but make sure you won't break up!

Every detail is just awesome, I really can't do anything like that! My nerves would be totally shredden already after making one of those details...

From 4 to 10 I'd give 11 to this one. Even it isn't finished it's so far nicer than most of cases I've seen!

PS. And even your cat seemed nice :D

PS^2: I laughed my a$s off when that little bro started to mod :lol:

12. ackma

ackma What's a Dremel?

:clap: :clap: Great work!@!!!

13. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Dude. This thing is HAWT. Can I have your children?

14. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

I think I'm in lov..e... errrr I mean... aaa...er.r...errrr.... What I was saying... ehh good job you know.... and forget that love.. thing.... err..not that I do not love your mod.... it's awesome and everything... And I want to be the first one to congradulate you in winning case mod competition...

15. tribaloverkill

Thanks, LOL! Thanks and you are first the first to congradulate me on a prewin! I can't wait!

16. tribaloverkill

I know,... but what about the computer? LOL.

17. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

!!!OUCH!!! :hehe:

18. quadmodz

quadmodz What's a Dremel?

SUPER NICE MOD!! You have the skills dude!! anyway Where is SpongeBob? LOL :hehe: I can't wait for your next update! :D

19. MAD_OCM

MAD_OCM What's a Dremel?

one of the best worklogs on this site.

i dont tend to post much on this site, but i couldnt resist telling you how much i like your work so far, well done.

cant wait for some more updates.

20. blue_lawnchair

blue_lawnchair What's a Dremel?

It's hard to describe your work. It is amazing at the least. I would like to thank you and everyone else in this forum, with out it I would have never started my first true case mod, grounds up case build it should say. Great work here TRIBALOVERKILL. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.